Biking!

• Thread starter User Requested Deletion 36696
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Thought I'd chuck this here as it's relevant to the post exercise aches! I started taking Acetyl-L-Carnatine and Creatine every day a couple of weeks ago. I've been hectic busy working so didn't really take in the change in myself at first, but my partner pointed out that I'm much more alert than usual - he said the difference over the past week has been quite dramatic. I have to say, I'm feeling much clearer mentally and a fair bit more energetic. I had read about these supplements a while back in relation to fibro and ordered them on a whim. Hadn't got around to taking them as they're both powders and the ALC is yucky, so I had to come up with a way to get them into myself!

Having a read about them again now, both relate to those good ol' mitochondria that I'm always banging on about (tiny energy conversion furnaces in our cells!) In studies, both have shown promise for fibro, and both are cornerstone supplements for increasing energy availability. ALC in particular also has a track record for reducing DOMS (muscle soreness in the days after exercise) and also combatting depression. These are all pretty good things for us lot by my estimation! Perhaps useful for those of you who want to keep cycling? Will leave that with you to look into if so inclined, and report back after a little longer on my hocus-pocus powder mixing experiment!

A compounding pharmacist once recommended and sent me some to get injected. None of my docs are brave enough to do so tho. Having heard your experience - if my sleep lab psychiatrist doesn't either, then I'll drink it instead (in this case that's possible, not in the case of highly dosed vitamin C I also got from them.) OTOH knowing my luck getting it injected might bring on sfx, but no idea what dose to start off with. Any ideas on that, @Jemima? Maybe I'll just start off with a small part of one phial.
The theanine and taurine are already making me more alert in the daytime too, the theanine seems to be balanced out at 200mg, and I'm playing around with the dosage of taurine, starting with yesterday 3x?4mg and 1x?15mg (recommended is 1g...), taking it with me for using as necessary, and whatever it does it shdnt mess with my sleep which has improved due to leaving off the magnesium glycinate but increasing magnesium malate and passiflora in the last few days, so I'll try to be patient before adding something new. 🤪

Last edited:
A compounding pharmacist once recommended and sent me some to get injected. None of my docs are brave enough to do so tho. Having heard your experience - if my sleep lab psychiatrist doesn't either, then I'll drink it instead (in this case that's possible, not in the case of highly dosed vitamin C I also got from them.)
Eeek! You probably read the other day how I am with needles - tend to pass out, or flee, and even punched a doctor once (not my finest moment 😂 ) Now I'm older, I can brave it when there's no choice, but think I'll stick to my yucky shot in this case! I discovered that you can get ALC in a capsule, so I'm going to try that next time - now I know how offensive the flavour is!

Yeah, Jemima, read that, but.... You... what... you.. PUNCHED a doctor! 🤪 :ROFLMAO: And not like my grandchild "punched" me in the face the other day...? (Any ideas for dosages for low/no sfx?... - been editing again ;-) )

l-carntitine is indeed Very Yucky tasting.
I take mine mixed with a large spoonful of plain yogurt......and swallow it as fast as possible!
Then it's not so bad. :)
I have not noticed any change in my foggy brain, but I have noticed a better level of energy which is very important to me, so terrible taste or not I am going to continue taking it.

Would l♥ve something that would make my brain fog diminish!

Yeah, Jemima, read that, but.... You... what... you.. PUNCHED a doctor! 🤪 :ROFLMAO: And not like my grandchild "punched" me in the face the other day...? (Any ideas for dosages for low/no sfx?... - been editing again ;-) )
I was in my teens and getting a blood test - blind panic and defensive instinct kicked in. I socked the poor guy pretty hard in the jaw before coming to my senses :oops: 😂 Happily, he knew me well and was very understanding! I am proud to say I haven't assaulted a doctor since :rolleyes:

RE dosage! I'm taking 1500mg per day - 750 in the morning and again mid-afternoonish. Apparently, once you hit around 3000mg per day it can cause digestive upset, nausea, and a "fishy skin odor", which doesn't sound appealing.

What are you unmedicated from GG? The fibro or the other conditions? My dad had schizophrenia, but he was the opposite he didn’t leave the house for years (agoraphobia) him + my mam met in a “special” hospital , her dad was weird with her and her siblings growing up , she had a personality disorder and her behaviour with us was odd (psychotic) too! I think of all the strangest places to meet your partner I think their’s would be somewhere at the top 🤪 well done on the exercise though, I only did 3+ a half miles walking today, my goal is the forest, I’m about 250 yards away from it, maybe by tomorrow or Thursday I’ll reach it

Can't wait to hear that you reached your goal @Auriel!
Unmedicated for Bipolar/BPL/Schizophrenia (I found exercise & music) & the only thing I can take (but try not to) for Fibro is Tramadol.

Aw that’s sweet double G, the forest is my goal, then bit by bit I’m gonna make my way back for another 3+ a half miles like I did to get there first,not in one go though different days till I make the whole walk there and back, I take gabbapentin for mine ( not sure if causing me strange dreams) and I’ve getting sleep paralysis and night terrors lately too! You know when you can’t tell if your asleep or awake but you can’t move? I hate that, I’ve not had that for years, my dosage is 1,200 mgs a day and night too, ok night GG stay lusty for life + feisty for fitness 🧞‍♀️🧞‍♂🌟

I tried GP or was it Pregablin (can't remember), but I ended up with the worst stomach pains & couldn't eat, so unmedicated it is. Don't think I've ever suffered from SP or NT, but I've definitely woke up wet & that's bad enough. I'd rather (while I still can) try and make it through without adding to the list of problems. I seem to suffer with an unending bout of runny turds. Racing back & from the khaki proves a problem most days but I'm learning to live with it.

Anyway.. Onward Christian Fibro soldier! 🎄🌲🌳🌴👩‍🦯 🏆

I’m going onward + I’m going upwards, seen as the forests up a hill, um I’d get that bathroom quickness checked out gg, case you get caught short while your out, heaven help it happens while your out biking 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back