DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
PA
Hey, fibro friends,
Just had my blood pressure checked with an automatic cuff on my upper arm, and my arm hurts severely. It’s been several hours and is just feeling worse now, hurting to lift and use that arm at all. I really need to do some basic things around the house but am hurting all over in addition to that and utterly exhausted to the point where I am struggling to sit up. I have had a fibro diagnosis for a year or two, and symptoms for at least a decade. Do you guys ever feel like your arms been broken after getting your BP checked? After I manage to run any errand or do a small chore I’m basically bed bound for the rest of the week. Kinda venting, and wondering what your thoughts are. Sorry I’ve been MIA lately just the overwhelming fatigue etc but thanks for listening guys x

Hey, fibro friends,
Just had my blood pressure checked with an automatic cuff on my upper arm, and my arm hurts severely. It’s been several hours and is just feeling worse now, hurting to lift and use that arm at all. I really need to do some basic things around the house but am hurting all over in addition to that and utterly exhausted to the point where I am struggling to sit up. I have had a fibro diagnosis for a year or two, and symptoms for at least a decade. Do you guys ever feel like your arms been broken after getting your BP checked? After I manage to run any errand or do a small chore I’m basically bed bound for the rest of the week. Kinda venting, and wondering what your thoughts are. Sorry I’ve been MIA lately just the overwhelming fatigue etc but thanks for listening guys x
Hi Lemon, my blood pressure gadget also likes to zoom up again to 220+ just cos I moved a bit and Sanitas gadgets are infamous for doing so, I read a test in our main established test magazine here a few months ago saying that. If I hadn't read that I'd've thought they all do it.

Luckily that kind of pain doesn't get to me, even when I used to get more arm fatigue than I do now.
So I'm wondering if this is something you need to get checked and explained, p'raps circulation-wise?

And I can relate to the rest, esp. in the 2 months after the jabs, from the MCAS they trigger.

Errands and chores I then need to keep down to 10-20'. But I've learned to keep under the limit so I can foresee the recovery time. Using short stints and task-switching. Now I'm up to 4x30' or even 2x1h per day and it may even increase a bit more (but not much), due to compensating my phosphate deficiency and having everything else other than energy under control now.

Not sure if you mean bed bound literally - I make sure I always get out of bed, however long it takes and even if I sit leant against my couch all day (stretching etc. though). Better for my mind, but also my pain.

Pretty much "house bound" I could I guess you and I could also say. But my laptop (and phone) give me the feeling I can be everywhere I
want. And there's always the balcony and garden which I'm using more now for sun-gazing for better sleep or a very slow cycle-walk around the block or more when possible. And again better for my mind not to call it "house bound" normally myself. Also I love our flat 24/7 and if I didn't I'd change it till I do, so I don't miss holidays/vacations. I do love my bed too, but not 24/7, 😁, I'd hate it then.

Just had my blood pressure checked with an automatic cuff on my upper arm, and my arm hurts severely. It’s been several hours and is just feeling worse now, hurting to lift and use that arm at all.
if you are still hurting (or hurting worse) from the BP check, I think I would be calling my doc, or going to urgent care or something.. that is not normal, not even a little bit.

I do hurt like the dickens getting my BP checked - but only during the check when it airs up and gets so tight. once the cuff comes off, it is fine.

Funny you should mention this, I had my BP done last week. And when it was inflating I could hardly stand the pain, and my Doctor done it twice 🤬 however it only hurt for about 5 mins afterwards. It dumbed down to tingles. Then went to it's normal pain levels.

yeah, i really do not like the automated cuffs.. they tend to overinflate and get VERY uncomfortable.

Hi Lemon, I remember getting my blood pressure done with an automatic cuff and experienced the same level of pain, to the point where I thought there might have been some kind of damage done. Those automated machines are dangerous, as far as I'm concerned. If the nurse or doctor does it manually and you run into trouble, they can release the pressure right away. However, navigating a machine is a different story.

If the nurse or doctor does it manually and you run into trouble, they can release the pressure right away. However, navigating a machine is a different story.
Hello there, MissNeverWell!
As it's just as possible to release the pressure right away, it's just we seem emotionally unsure how, esp. when in that pain. Practicing taking the cuff off beforehand could help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back