Not open for further replies.

sassy13

Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
Tennessee
I have noticed lately the palms of my hands, fingers and even the back side of my hand are turning a dusky blue. I do not have pain with it and I am also warm when it happens. I really do not think it is Raynauds. Just wondering if anyone else has this happen?:confused:

Do you notice the color change while you are in the middle of a flare up? If so, it might be your veins contracting, which happens to me when I'm dealing with a flare.

Also, try to notice what the weather is when you notice the changes in your hands and fingertips. People usually think of heat or warmth when looking at weather patterns, but watch the barometric pressure. Big swings in Barometric pressure can set off all sorts of symptoms!

Thanks Mercyl. I'm going to look into the weather change. It does seem to be more prevalent this week. We have gone from 25° highs just a few days ago to a high of 71° today.
I saw my rheumatologist today and he mentioned methemoglobinemia. He is going to draw my levels to test. I was looking it up on the computer. I never realized it, but i am a direct descendent of the blue people from Kentucky!
I'm honestly freaked out by this. I'm dealing with the pain, fatigue and all the other crap I have like psoriatic arthritis, rare autoimmune liver disease PBC, CFS and Fibromyalgia. Please oh please! I do not want to be blue!
Sure there are treatments like IV infusions, which I already get for my psoriatic arthritis. Well what's another one, right?
I do not need anymore me s or bills. I'm not on bargain basement drugs anyway!
Oh good grief! I really can't take much more.
Sorry....really needed to rant and whine a bit.

Something like that happened to me as a baby, I was told by my mom my little hands were almost blue. If I were you I'd stop guessing and go see the doctor soon, because sometimes we tend to blame everything on fibro... and sometimes is a totally different thing! It worries me to see a lot people on here (incluiding myself) tend to blame it all on fibro, every single pain, numbness or tingling.

Sassy13, Do a web search for Raynauds Syndrome. It seems to go along with fibro, as well as, lupus. Your hands will turn different colors including blue and they will hurt like crazy. Try to wear gloves and keep your fingers warm. Wear lightweight gloves in the house and better ones outdoors in the winter. You will find more tips about management of it online. Remember if you take things out of your freezer always wear gloves. :)

I don't have problems with my hands turning blue; it's my feet. They also have less feeling than they used to but sometimes they burn and tingle. I told the Dr. and he said my pedal pulses were good; I don't have diabetes, but I do have Fibro. Anyone else have this problem? On a good note, I slept last night and can honestly say that for the first time in maybe a year? I feel rested! At first I got up with some aches and pains associated with moving in bed but when I started to move around and start the day I had to stop and evaluate what was different.. I was more "awake". I wasn't as "low" as usual in the mornings.
I so hope this lasts and the shoulder, arm and back pain lessen too as I may be getting over this long flare up.

Blue or purplish hands/fingers /toes/feet could also indicate CRPS (used to be called RSD). My mother has RSD (over 15 years now...) and I have witnessed many many many times her toes changing colors. It is a symptom of RSD which is now called Crps (complex regional pain syndrome). I highly recommend researching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back