Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
TX
Lately I have noticed that my eyes are blurry, is this a symptom or possibly from pain meds?
Anyone having this problem too?

My vision is blurry but I don't take prescription pain medicine. Wondering if it might just be fatigued eye muscles?

I've been having it too, ever since I first started having symptoms; I believe it is a symptom

I think its a fatigue thing. I am only on ampitryptiline at night to sleep (however you spell it). Some days my eyesight is fine (a little astigmatism) but others it's blurry...usually when I'm worn out.

I have terrible night vision and have for a few years - can't drive at night out of town.

I think its a fatigue thing. I am only on ampitryptiline at night to sleep (however you spell it). Some days my eyesight is fine (a little astigmatism) but others it's blurry...usually when I'm worn out.

I have terrible night vision and have for a few years - can't drive at night out of town.

Yeah, I'm on Nortriptyline and I have those days too, it's usually when I do more activity.

yeah i have those since i have fibro. if you getting tired it will worsen. the more fatigue you get the more blur your eyes

I have it too. My eyesight greatly decreased two years ago in both eyes. If I am too tired or the more pain I have can make it worse. There are some days I don't drive because of it.

Mine are always burry hehe I water glasses

I am newly diagnosed to the point that I am still waiting for my other blood to come back to make sure it not another Rheumotolgical disease that I have on top of fibro and just today I told my hubby I was not sure why my right eye and not my left was so blurry. The dr is making me take a week of prednisone and it sucks. It is supposed to make me feel better if I have RA or anything resembling that but I think it has to be Fibro since this is not helping me, only making me sicker. I can not wait to be off it.
Not sure if blurry vision is a side effect of Prednisone. I hope it is and that it is not a real symptom of Fibro, I already wear glasses and it sucks to see so bad out of one eye. I cleaned my glasses with eye glass spray about 30 times just today.

I went to my eye doctor with the same complaint that things seemed blurry, he checked my eyes and said that they were healthy and that several of my meds cause the blurriness.
Kristine

Plaquenil is the one drug (of several) that I have taken to help with fibromyalgia pain that lists "blurred vision" as a side effect. I was even instructed to visit my opthamologist twice per year to monitor my vision. I stopped taking it (with rheumatologists' recommendation) because it was causing me to have a nagging headache every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back