Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2004
Country
US
State
Ca
Hi, new here! Was encouraged to join support group by my Psychologist.

Welcome , pls tell us all about you, and share your feeling pain or just vent.and we will do our best to support you on this long road called fibro.

Am 62 yrs old, and have had fibro, CFS since 1992. This Has been a very challenging time for me and my partners n family. I retired at 52 because the 12 hrs shifts and stress was more than I could deal with started calling in because of not sleeping, aches n pains etc. I see a wonderful Rheumatologist for melds and just started seeing a Psychologist n she recommended I join a support group so here I am. So many of are stories are very similar. Hope we can have a good day tomorrow. Good night to all. Bonnie

welcome bonnie!

you joined the right support group. we are all here to help and sometimes lean on each other.

Acceptance of what you have and a good support network will lead to less pain.

i understand about how hard it is on family and partners. remember to try to keep the talking about your pains to them at a minimum.

if you want to keep friends and family around try to put on the smile and assure them you are working to get better.

they want to help and once they find out they really cant help it brings them down and they begin to feel like when around you, you bring them down.

tell them you only need their support and that helps in your healing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back