Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
FL
I'm a reader. So when I was first referred to a rheumatologist, my first reaction was to do research. Now that I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I'd like to know what books you've read that have helped you understand the illness as well as how to live with it. (I'm not afraid of medical jargon, either!)

I am reading How to Be Sick by Toni Bernhard, and I also have How to Live Well.

What else do you recommend?

Thanks!

I recommend "Breaking through the Fibro Fog" by Kevin White. He is a doctor and also does research on fibromyalgia. He has a good understanding of the more recent discoveries and does a good job explaining them. He also goes out of his way to address "fibromyalgia doubters" and discusses the prejudice against fibromyalgia.

I am currently reading the Fibro Manual by Ginevra Liptan. She is a doctor who got fibromyalgia in medical school. She has been treating fibromyalgia patients for years. This book is a summary of the knowledge from her personal experience and from treating others. It's also well written. It includes medical explanation but is more focused on what to do about fibromyalgia than Dr. White's book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back