Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
Do any of you guys ever feel real confussed? One of my biggest problems has been brain fog. My wife told me when i go see our psychiatrist next time she wants to talk to him about that problem. I can't even express myself at all like i used to do. I have been writing movie scripts since i was 14 years old. I used to write movies in old torn notebooks until my grandparents had gotten their first computer in 99' when i was a Junior in HS. I begin to write them on there until i got my own computer back in 01'. I have written five movie scripts. Now i can't even write them down at all anymore. It annoys me so much as a writer and a husband cause i have to have my wife handle everything now cause i get so confussed. When i get confussed i get real angry at times and have out burst of anger cause of my deppression. Ether way i feel like i can't win grr

Re: Brain Fog

Fibro fog is a *****. What meds do u take some can make it a lot worse for a while.its very scary at times and yes it can make u wanna scream , the more u dwell on it the worse it gets. Depression is such a mind field . That's to can make u forget things .how long have u had fibro or been on meds?.letting go of your old way of life and starting this new one is a hard thing to handle.you can write again but you do need your meds right.for now take one day at a time . Make things simple after all no one can live in tomorrow x

Fibro fog is a *****. What meds do u take some can make it a lot worse for a while.its very scary at times and yes it can make u wanna scream , the more u dwell on it the worse it gets. Depression is such a mind field . That's to can make u forget things .how long have u had fibro or been on meds?.letting go of your old way of life and starting this new one is a hard thing to handle.you can write again but you do need your meds right.for now take one day at a time . Make things simple after all no one can live in tomorrow x

I have always been hurting mostly in my legs since i was a kid. I used to get told it was growing pain but it would go away and never did. As i got older i noticed i started feeling like i had the flu bug all the time. I did not find out i had fibro until July of last year. Back in early Nov of 09' i had a bunch of frozen turckeys at my job get pushed into my back and i think that was a big part of the start of my back problems. My grandma had Lou Gehrig's Disease or other words ALS. She had it for 12 years and died from it on Sept 17 of 05'. A lot of the pain she talked about is kind of the pain i feel. I think she might of had fibro also with it but i have no proof of it.

When I was on Cymbalta I could not focus on reading or writing. It did help some with the pain in my legs but after awhile I weaned off it as I didn't like the enhanced brain fog. For pain I use mostly supplements, heat, pacing myself and a few other OTCs. I don't have a problem with depression when I'm not in bad pain.

The funny thing about Fibro is that it seems to be an awkward thing to diagnose specifically. It seems like the only way to find out if you have it is to cancel out other things it could be. Unfortunately, with global pain, the treatment is pretty minimal, and having the right frame of mind, as forgetmenot says, is really the best thing you can have. Easier said than done, of course. I'm currently spiralling into a deep depression myself, but I know that feeling bad physically, makes me feel bad mentally, which then makes me feel worse physically and on and on it goes.

When I was told I most likely had Fibro, one of my first questions was "What if it is something else? What if it is something that should be treated differently?" and he shook his head sadly and told me that with the widespread chronic pain that I have, that has not responded to the treatment I'd had already, there wasn't much that could be done even if it were another illness. The goal is to find a way to manage the pain and find out what I can do, rather than always focusing on what I can't do. To find some sort of stability and accept and manage my new 'norm' as best I can.

I agree with forgetmenot in taking one day at a time. Script writing is obviously something you very much enjoy and it doesn't mean that you have to give it up, by all means! It does mean that you need to revise and find a new method of managing your writing. Sitting for long periods of time, writing for pages and pages may not be a method ideal for you anymore.

I'd suggest to start by taking a look at your workspace and see if you can improve on that. Ideally having a seperate room or area altogether for your computer. I find that if I am trying to do something that is in the same area as I sleep, or watch tv, I become easily distracted. I'll want to do what I would normally do in that area of the house, and makes it harder for me to keep my concentration. On the flip side, if I have something that I want to do that is in those areas, I'll keep looking at it and want to do it when I am not fully able to. My Warhammer models sit on the shelf next to me, half painted, and when I watch TV or procrastinating in some other way, I sometimes look at them and get a little annoyed with myself because they remind me that I am not in the right frame of mind to do detailed painting at that moment in time. (A steady hand is vital! Lol!)

The next thing is, is it comfortable? Is the computer at a good height for you? Can you read and type without needing to lean forward or hunch over? Is your sitting position comfortable? I find those reasonably cheap curved office back supports very useful for my back and takes a lot of strain from my hips and use it when sitting on the sofa. If you have a laptop, have you considered an external keyboard to make typing easier? If typing is becoming painful for you, have you considered using a speech-to-text software to help get your ideas down?

The most important thing is to do things little and frequently. Instead of sitting for long lengths of time at your computer trying to get all your ideas down in one session, maybe alter things so you are not trying to remember all your thoughts at once. A voice recorder could be handy so you can just record what comes to mind when it comes to mind? Then when you get to your computer you can just go through your recordings and you won't have to worry about forgetting great ideas! But doing things little by little is pretty important here. Set out what you want to write before you write it. Which scene are you going to work on? What does that scene entail? Keep a seperate journal of some sort with just ideas and plans for the script you are working on - not just plot ideas, but thoughts on how to implement them too. Revert back to it and check that what you are writing is keeping the story fluid with the ideas you have for future scenes.

It might take longer to write it, and it might seem kind of silly at times, but it is better than sitting in front of a blank page with writer's block or painting yourself in a corner when you have a load of ideas and wanting them all in the same place to prevent you forgetting what is going on or losing interest because it feels like you have no real structure for them.

The important thing is just to do what you can when you can. You can be your own worst critic and your own worst boss, but it is important to remember that you are doing this for YOU. It is something you ENJOY doing and you don't want that to change.

I'm no writer, though. So if my suggestions are rubbish, then I do apologise. I can write, but I lose interest in my own works pretty quickly. Lol! So well done you for having such a talent! I would hate for you to feel like you had to give it up, when you certainly don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back