Brain fog

Cindy Wood

I feel your pain, I have fibro fog so bad I'll be talking mid sentence i cant remember what I wanted to say, or my husband will tell me something and its like I didn't hear it at all because its gone, I can't remember at all what he said and this is just minuets later o_O😬😲😴

NY Farmwife

Cindy, you now have a new challenge. You are going to go through a ton of post-its. Have your pile of post-its and a pen with you at all times. In the interests of marital harmony, write down what hubby says immediately. Put the post-it near the phone if he wants you to call someone, on your purse, if he wants you to go somewhere, etc. Before you make any phone calls, visit the doctor, or do anything else important (or trivial) make a list of what you are going to do or say. Carry a big purse with each memo in the order it will be used. X off anything that has been done already, and stick it to the bottom of the pile. Another, but bulkier method is to carry a steno pad everywhere. (You'll need to always wear clothing with big pockets and carry a purse with an outside, accessible pocket. I have a bulky cardigan sweater I wear around the house in cooler weather that works well.) A steno pad works even better because your pen can clip onto it and always be handy, and you can write questions or tasks on the left side and your actions on the right side.

I think brain fog effects your life more than pain. It limits your ability to be you. Luckily, like pain, it tends to come and go. And, like pain, there are things you can do to make it less of a burden. It takes effort. It takes learning to always write it down. Most of us know how important our grocery lists are. "Everything" lists just extend things. It's cumbersome at first, but can become a habit--and save your ability to function.

Fibromyalgia is a series of challenges. How well we survive is a matter of meeting each challenge as it comes.

Jemima

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
I think brain fog effects your life more than pain. It limits your ability to be you. Luckily, like pain, it tends to come and go. And, like pain, there are things you can do to make it less of a burden. It takes effort. It takes learning to always write it down. Most of us know how important our grocery lists are. "Everything" lists just extend things.
Post-its fairy over here! ✋🧚‍♀️ Great advice, NY Farmwife.

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
I always use a calendar planner. Had to, when I was working because I was self employed and went to a different place every day. Now I am not working but still use it to keep track of what I am supposed to do. I'd be sort of lost without it!
Post-it notes, too. I use those a lot, although to be a bit more environmentally friendly I cut up used envelopes and use the blank spaces on those for my notes before recycling the paper. :)