Not open for further replies.

Emma74

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2019
Country
UK
I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 3 years now, but over the last few months I've noticed a real change in how my brain is working. I panic so much more..I feel I'm losing the ability to understand simple tasks, I get confused over left and right. I can't seem to fill a simple form out without panicking which then just leads me to tears (again)! My husband is getting slowly frustrated with me (although he says he isn't). Anyone else know this??

Hi Emma, this could be the so called brain fog that comes along with fibromyalgia. However, you need to go to whatever doctor you feel is appropriate and get checked out because it could be something else.

Often we folks with fibro tend to assume that any new symptoms is just more fibro, but that doesn't that doesn't mean that for you, this is fibro even if it is for someone else. So please see a doctor and get tested for the other things that it could be, because there are many other things that could be causing this and you need to know.

Thank you and I will. I'm scared to be honest with you.

Thank you and I will. I'm scared to be honest with you.
Try not to allow the fear. It will only make things worse for you. Whatever kind of relaxation method you can use, use it, and constantly remind yourself that just because something is happening doesn't mean it's a Bad Thing. Don't think about the dire things it could be, just tell yourself you simply need to find out and it's probably something simple. Say that to others, too, which will reinforce the idea in you. Stress, as we all know, makes fibro a lot worse, so avoid it.

My attitude when something new starts is to say to myself and anyone else who asks "Oh, I am sure it's nothing big, I am just having tests to confirm that."
Seriously this prevents my going around worrying about it, which is very bad for me (and for you).

Hi Emma, at the same time I'm wondering if your worrying and being scared about it is not making it worse? So accepting and relaxing (exercises etc.) whilst getting it checked at the same time might be very helpful... Whoops sunkacola just wrote that too whilst I was doing something else... So maybe I'll just leave it as seconding sunkacola instead of deleting... :-}

I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 3 years now, but over the last few months I've noticed a real change in how my brain is working. I panic so much more..I feel I'm losing the ability to understand simple tasks, I get confused over left and right. I can't seem to fill a simple form out without panicking which then just leads me to tears (again)! My husband is getting slowly frustrated with me (although he says he isn't). Anyone else know this??
Hello 👋 @Emma74 You're not entering your menopause are you? Not sure of your age but those are all menopausal symptoms.

I'm 48. Have been told I'm peri menopausal.

I'm 48. Have been told I'm peri menopausal.
There you go then. I experienced similar symptoms too around the time of my Fibromyalgia diagnosis, I'm.now on HRT and feel so much better for it. Really helps with my anxiety. That feeling of impending doom that just hangs over you. Maybe try speaking to you GP. If you don't fancy HRT there are some great herbal supplements to help manage menopausal symptoms.

i agree with seeing you doc and getting things checked out, just to be sure. better safe than sorry.

I did the peri-menopause thing about 4 yrs ago... and it was rough! the hot flashes (or power surges, as my mother used to call them) were absolutely brutal for me.. but yeah, brain fog, night sweats.. ugh... glad that most of that is over now. I think I tried pretty much every herbal supplement on the market, and none of them helped me at all. I got to the point of thinking about going to my primary and begging for hrt!
I never did go, tho.. wasnt too long after that that things started settling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back