Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
3/2012
Country
US
State
Pa
I really need help from anyone who has ever breast-fed. I am breastfeeding and have fibro/myofascial pain- it is Particularly and in my shoulder/neck/arm. I only feed lying on my side as that supposed to be the least "stressful" position. However I've just been having the worst pain all over but specifically in those areas. Any tips/medications that might help? I have just been having a lot of pain lately and really don't want to stop bfing because if this :( I see a chiro and get weekly massages and have been taking Motrin, using heat and ice. I am really desperate for any advice.

I wish that there was some kind of advice that I could offer to you, but I really don't have any. The best thing that I can suggest is to talk to your doctor or even someone from La Leche League and see if they can give you any advice that might help you to continue breastfeeding without the pain that you've been experiencing.

I don't think there is any kind of medication. Maybe you should try the analgesics, but they need to be recommended by your doctor.

I breast fed both of my children and I also was more comfortable lying down on my side. A boppy pillow is very helpful to support you and the baby. I used one to support the weight of the baby in my lap so I would not get so fatigued from holding the baby when I sat up to feed. There is something very special about creating that bond while breast feeding but you may can even consider pumping with a hospital grade pump that only takes about ten minutes and share the feeding with your partner or other relatives. The main thing there is the baby is still getting breast milk. I am not sure it is a good idea to take motrin unless it has been okayed by your baby's pediatrician. I was told to take medications that were okay while I was pregnant while I was breast feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back