Bruising and dry scalp..??

mrsk0403

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2019
Country
US
I was wondering if any other people with Fibro also have sensitive skin that bruises SUPER easy? I always find bruises on my legs, sometimes my arms as well and almost never know where they come from. This has actually happened my whole life, but I was diagnosed with Fibro in 2019, but now i'm wondering if it's related? I also noticed recently that my scalp is really dry. Even creating some dandruff. This stuck me as really strange because there had been no recent changes in the hair products I used and I've never had dandruff before in my life. I thought it might be a shampoo issue, but I've changed shampoo's and still have the same issue. I have been having a flare up that's been going on for weeks now. Does anyone else notice dry scalp from their Fibro?? I'm figuring out all these new symptoms that I didn't realize were related to the Fibro.

sjbrown

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
I too have had random bruising with no explanation. I have not had the dry scalp but have had random pain like my roots were really sore. Fibro seems to have some VERY strange symptoms!!

mrsk0403

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2019
Country
US
I too have had random bruising with no explanation. I have not had the dry scalp but have had random pain like my roots were really sore. Fibro seems to have some VERY strange symptoms!!
I agree Fibro DOES have some strange symptoms! I've had that happen to my roots before too, it's like sore and hurts. I only ever really notice that from wearing my hair up for long periods of time.. but even then sometimes I don't have that issue all even though I tend to wear my hair up a lot. I never even thought it could have something to do with the Fibro, that's so interesting. Thanks for your input!

Eff2013

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
I just came across this and had to say that this happens to me too. My scalp at times get very very painful and yet I don't remember ever doing anything to cause it. Funny that this too might be a fibro thing. I suppose it makes sense because our scalp is also part of our skin so the pain and discomfort might appear there as well. There is another mystery solved.😊

mrsk0403

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2019
Country
US
I've only been diagnosed since Feb of 2019, so it's still a huge learning process for me.. but things that I always thought were just normal or me and my body just being a little weird.. (lol) seem to be things that can be related to the Fibro.

Adriana

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
US
State
FL
I too get the pain at the roots of my hair for no reason, especially after wearing it up in a ponytail and extreme sensitivity

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Same here...both bruising that I have no idea how it got there (and sometimes they are large bruises) and dry scalp. Although I have had dry scalp/hair all my life and now live in a desert, so it would be a stretch for me to attribute it to fibro. I never thought to connect the bruising to fibro. Don't know if it is connected or not, but I suppose it could be.

Adriana, I think most women get that painful scalp sensation from wearing hair in a pony tail if your hair is really long and/or thick. It's from the weight of the hair pulling on that one place.