Not open for further replies.

mrsk0403

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2019
Country
US
I was wondering if any other people with Fibro also have sensitive skin that bruises SUPER easy? I always find bruises on my legs, sometimes my arms as well and almost never know where they come from. This has actually happened my whole life, but I was diagnosed with Fibro in 2019, but now i'm wondering if it's related? I also noticed recently that my scalp is really dry. Even creating some dandruff. This stuck me as really strange because there had been no recent changes in the hair products I used and I've never had dandruff before in my life. I thought it might be a shampoo issue, but I've changed shampoo's and still have the same issue. I have been having a flare up that's been going on for weeks now. Does anyone else notice dry scalp from their Fibro?? I'm figuring out all these new symptoms that I didn't realize were related to the Fibro.

I too have had random bruising with no explanation. I have not had the dry scalp but have had random pain like my roots were really sore. Fibro seems to have some VERY strange symptoms!!

I too have had random bruising with no explanation. I have not had the dry scalp but have had random pain like my roots were really sore. Fibro seems to have some VERY strange symptoms!!

I agree Fibro DOES have some strange symptoms! I've had that happen to my roots before too, it's like sore and hurts. I only ever really notice that from wearing my hair up for long periods of time.. but even then sometimes I don't have that issue all even though I tend to wear my hair up a lot. I never even thought it could have something to do with the Fibro, that's so interesting. Thanks for your input!

I just came across this and had to say that this happens to me too. My scalp at times get very very painful and yet I don't remember ever doing anything to cause it. Funny that this too might be a fibro thing. I suppose it makes sense because our scalp is also part of our skin so the pain and discomfort might appear there as well. There is another mystery solved.😊

I've only been diagnosed since Feb of 2019, so it's still a huge learning process for me.. but things that I always thought were just normal or me and my body just being a little weird.. (lol) seem to be things that can be related to the Fibro.

I too get the pain at the roots of my hair for no reason, especially after wearing it up in a ponytail and extreme sensitivity

Same here...both bruising that I have no idea how it got there (and sometimes they are large bruises) and dry scalp. Although I have had dry scalp/hair all my life and now live in a desert, so it would be a stretch for me to attribute it to fibro. I never thought to connect the bruising to fibro. Don't know if it is connected or not, but I suppose it could be.

Adriana, I think most women get that painful scalp sensation from wearing hair in a pony tail if your hair is really long and/or thick. It's from the weight of the hair pulling on that one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back