Burning feet 🦶. Can I ask if anyone suffers burning inside their feet. It really drives me mad!!! Sometimes it feels like lots of insects or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nan

Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
05/2000
Country
UK
Burning feet 🦶. Can I ask if anyone suffers burning inside their feet? It really drives me MAD!! Sometimes it feels like lots of insects or something wriggling inside my feet. I have slight Reynaurds and my feet aren’t always like this so I don’t know what even causes that feeling. I soak them in cold water put cream on and keep the dry skin under control. Nothing seems to help. I have to wait till it’s stopped. Help????

Hi Nan, I can imagine how - literally - nerve-racking that can be!
Skin, nerves, inflammation, infections and/or an allergic reaction come to my mind first. And looking it up there can be about 20 causes (not Raynauld's): diseases, triggers, deficiencies. So these would definitely make it necessary to go to various doctors, to get all the following checked:
If it were "burning foot syndrome" it would be mainly in the soles (but also ankles & legs) often with tingling, at night, no redness, no tenderness, but sweating. That may be Small Fibre (Poly-)Neuropathy, SFN (= nerve damage). Whether or not it's that it may have to do with thyroid, diabetes, RA, kidneys, genetics, narrow blood vessels, meds incl. chemo, alcohol, heavy metals (arsenic, lead, mercury), or deficiencies (zinc, B-vitamins, esp. B5 or B12, B6, B1, or vit. E, copper, or iron (anemia).
(wikipedia, verywellhealth...)
In the meantime you might want to check med or supp side effects.

Last edited:
Hi Nan, I use a foot massager/roller which has massaging nodules on it for this, as well as wearing insoles in shoes and slippers for foot support. Not sure if you've tried these?

Hope your feet find some relief soon! :)

Thanks JayCS. Will have a good luck later. I can feel them starting already but it’s a bit earlier than normal. Thanks again. ❤️‍🩹

Hi Fimi thank you. I must admit with weather Iv mainly been going barefoot so one to look into. Thanks. Nan❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹

Hi Nan, you might try a TENS unit. It sounds counter-intuitive, but when I get the "bugs-are-crawling-all-over-my legs" feeling or feel like tiny electric shocks are happening in my body, or there's something like fire ants inside my legs, the TENS unit sometime clears it up entirely and always helps at least some.

Will have a good luck later.
Nice one! 😏 Sometimes our gadgets are cleverer & funnier than us... Hope you have more than one good luck later :LOL: :cool:
with weather Iv mainly been going barefoot
OK, you did say slight Raynaud's: Even I've gone down from 5 pairs of socks to 3.. in the daytime...
you might try a TENS unit
Was hoping you'd add that... :) (I don't find it counter-intuitive at all...)

Reactions: Nan
Thanks Iv got one in cupboard not used for ages will retry. Thank you. Nan❤️

😫😫😫. I have had a tens machine for years!! Sunkacola it’s been in a cupboard in my living room for years Iv gone to get it and it’s not there. I can’t have sent it to charity? Bet I have. Why when you get rid you need it. Never mind another strange night ahead. Thanks anyway. Nan❤️

I can’t have sent it to charity? Bet I have.
My rule #1 when I can't find something, in my experience 70% chance: It's where I think it is, just "slightly" displaced (something over it, in something etc.)... Hope you find it after all!

• Haha
Reactions: Nan
Hi Nan, I have the same thing. It can happen anytime, but usually worse at night. All neuro tests showed nothing, as well all my blood tests. It’s comforting to know I’m not alone, but wish we had some answers.

Yes, prolotherapy in the Achilles tendon works great. Lasted 3 years for me.

Not found tens machine. Probably gone to charity shop. 😫. Nan❤️

One suggestion from Fimi suggested wearing slippers and shoes and I do tend to walk without in summer so I have been purposely trying to remember to put mine on. Worth a try. Nan❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back