wildwitch

Diagnosis
01/2000
Country
US
State
pa
Hi everyone,
I have been having BMS for almost a year now. I saw my dentist and he said everything was alright. I saw me Dr. and had a MRI and everything is fine. :grin:
I even saw a neuroloigist and he said my nerve test was alright. He also did blood work and at the moment my thyroid is a little high. ( my thyroid has been going up and down my whole life.) My Dr said that he thought it could just be another symptom of the Fibro. Does anyone else have this problem? I also have tingling (like your foot going to sleep) in my face, arms, hands, and feet.
Thanks
Kim

Kim, I can't believe you posted this! I almost posted the exact same thing! I've been having a horrible time with BMS for the last few weeks. I believe, and have read, that it can be a symptom of fibro. If you think about it....sufferers have burning pain on their skin, so why not in our mouths? It is absolutely horrible, isn't it? Eating practically everything hurts! I do use Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash, which helps a little bit. A friend of mine, also with fibro and BMS, says that rinsing her mouth in warm water with sea salt helps. I plan to get some tomorrow.

I'll be interested to see if anyone else is bothered by this. Thanks for posting!

I have used the Biotene, even though I am not crazy about the taste. I have also switch to a natural toothpaste. I haven't seen much help with either. I was wondering if your BMS gets worse as the day goes on. When I wake I can still feel it but as the day goes on it gets worse and by night I just don't know what to do. Cold foods like ice water, ice cream or even watermellon help for awhile but the burning feeling comes back soon. I also sometimes get a metalic taste in my mouth. If anyone has suggestions I would be glad to listen. Thanks

Here is are really good read on BMS. It is long but worth the read.

Members do a websearch for: Wikipedia The Free Encyclopedia, and look up Burning Mouth Syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suffer from tingling in a lot areas, specially legs and arms, so I really feel your pain :( I tend to ignore that tho. I started experiencing this since I was really young, so I thought it was quite normal. I had no idea it could be connected to fibro in any way!

My burning mouth does get worse as the day progresses, and I read that's pretty common with it. By supper time, I can't think of anything I want to eat b/c of it! I've noticed in the last couple of days even water tastes different. I'll checkout that link....thanks!

Yep, i too have suffered from BMS. I thought it was some kind of weird sore throat the first time and called the doctor. He didn't see me but prescribed antibiotics. It actually did help some or maybe it was coincidence. But, yeah, I still get it nd until now I thought I was the only one.

I have the exact same symptoms and now reading it from you, I think I really need to consult my doctor again. It's really bothering having this kind of feeling and it worries me as well what's going on in my body. That's for raising it up here and please do give us an update if you have gotten any better so far and what have you done.

Yesterday I went to the dentist and was telling them about my mouth problems. They said to rinse mouth with warm water and baking soda, and/or Mylanta. Both neutralize acid. Then the dentist said that I need to take a B-complex vitamin, b/c as we get older our bodies don't absorb the b vitamins anymore like they once did. She said being low in them causes burning mouth. So I'm going to be trying all those suggestions.

What is Biotene? I haven't heard about it before. Is it a topical drug or something that you would have to drink. Just like you, I'm so desperate now to find any possible cure or solution to the symptoms that I have, so that I can live a normal life again.

Biotene is a toothpaste for dry mouth. It's good b/c it doesn't irritate your mouth. They also make a mouthwash.

Yup, I got it too. My burning goes down my throat as well. I also have a very dry mouth and have to sip water constantly. I think all that is due to the meds or maybe a symptom of fibro. I am taking Lyrica. I am not sure what I think of it.

Hi fibrogal.....did your BMS start from a medical procedure or do you think it is related to medications you take for the fibro? I have not taken any meds in years so know that is not the cause....but just had a nebulizer treatment which irritated my mouth and ever since i suffer daily....mainly a bitter taste that cripples me and i dont want eat.

Hi ladydianab......does your mouth have a bitter taste all of the time? My mouth was severly irritated by a nebulizer treatment in my drs office and has not been the same since.......i dont want to eat or even do anything as i am so nauseas from it daily. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back