Burning Muscle Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
I'm curious about this...When ever I overuse (say arms) whether its reaching in an awkward way like sideways or behind my back...my muscle, especially in my upper arms.. not only hurts, but it actually burns! Any one else?

I knew there was an unanswered post. Found you!

I know we were discussing muscle stiffness in the other thread, but I'll just say that I think I know what you mean here too. It feels like the burning of extreme lactic acid build up from doing something crazy intense, but it can literally just be from reaching to the back of the cupboard 🙄 Is that what you mean?

Jamima, yes...or if I reach to even lift just a cup of coffee!!!

Yes, me too. In my case that type of pain is nerve pain caused by cervical radiculopathy.

Going back about 12 years I had a painful flair after lifting too much. The muscles in my arms and chest went into spasm. Following this I've had constant burning pain on the top of my forearms, back of my hands and fingers. It reminded me of shin splints.

A GP tried me with Gabapentin which helped but not quite enough. After being refused for Pregabalin twice a GP agreed I could try. Thankfully it calms the pain down most of the way. There's still soreness and it can flare but unlike other pains this one is much improved. It's a shame about the side effects such as brain fog and constipation.

Hopefully a GP could help you, it's a frustrating pain to have.

I have found that my burning pain is worse if I don't take b complex vitamins. Also rose geranium essential oil either in a lotion or directly on pain after skin test.

I get this. Sometimes I have to take a break while doing my hair. Had a hard time changing my daughters diapers a few years ago. Have to take breaks holding my phone or switch hands while I'm on this forum reading for awhile.
Not sure if this is related (maybe not pretty sure I have carpal tunnel) after weed whacking or using the hedge trimmer, sometimes the mower. My hands with tremor and shake so bad I cant hold a cup. Sometimes will last into the next day.

Sounds familiar! The upper arm pain was the first site of my fibro 11 years ago, before it spread to muscles and tendons everywhere. Just had a covid booster in upper left arm - agony! And flu-like symptoms. It's so hard finding a way between gentle exercise and not overdoing things. Sometimes I feel as if I've been carrying heavy shopping. Sometimes my legs and buttocks feel like I've been in the saddle all day. I really think fibro has a mind of its own. Best wishes to all!

Not I.
I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.
But that is only my opinion, maybe they have helped others....

I use them alot and they work for me. They have been used for medicine for many many years. Also herbs have more medicinal properties then vegetables. You might find the history of both essential oils as well as herbs for medicine interesting.
I guess I've used them since the 70s.

I agree about herbs and plants.
Roots from curly dock can be an astringent or mild laxative. The leaves can treat hives. Plantain can be used from laxative, to sake bites,to wounds. And these are just lawn weeds.
A friend gave. Me essential oil for RLS said it made hers go away. Im not sure about RLS but I love how the oil smells which is huge for me because im hyper oder sensitive
I def. Recommend good thoroughly research when dabbling with plants. One part of a plant can be madicinal and the other can make you very sick or worse...

Not I.
I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.
But that is only my opinion, maybe they have helped others....
I have to ask. Why? Have you tried a good brand? Did they burn or hurt? I find them soothing and very helpful. Maybe you should really give them a try. It makes me crazy sometimes when people don't really give something like oils or diet a real chance. By a real chance I mean using proper oils and foods for at least a month. Like supplements, they take a little time to work. The diet change also takes a little time.
So please give this stuff a try. Even check out the history of essential oils as well as food. Start with future od food. You won't believe the crap you are eating!
If you just stay away from processed food you'd be better off.
(((gentle hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back