Burning pain in hips

Status
Not open for further replies.

JukeGen

Hi guys, I have a horrific burning pain in my hip/pelvic area. The skin is extremely sensitive to the point I haven't been able to get dressed today. I have had a milder version of this a couple of times before but it has usually gone in a few hours but this is a lot more extreme and has lasted a lot longer. Does anyone know any quick remedies to at least dull it a bit? Painkillers aren't helping and I'm travelling over the next few days so I can't continue to avoid getting dressed. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi JukeGen,

I get this kind of pain too, and the only thing I've found that helps is ice packs and more ice packs 😖 If anyone else has other ideas, I'd love to hear them, too. It doesn't come on often for me, but when it does happen, it can last for weeks and gets pretty desperate! It usually fades away with dedicated rest.

Of course, we're all different, and yours might be gone in the morning 🤞 Maybe think through how you're feeling about travelling, and reassure yourself that it's going to be ok! I hope you find relief - but if not, I wish you the strength to push through your travels like a warrior, so you can do all the things you want to do.

Thank you, unfortunately it's not for leisure though. My partners granny died at the start of the year and his family are all in England so with covid restrictions they missed the funeral so we're taking the ashes to them for a second funeral. I know that is stressing me out because it will take a big emotional toll and the travelling a big physical toll but some things can't be helped :/

Hmm, since I often overreact to cold (and heat for that matter) longer than 4-5 minutes, short cold wash or cold shower, regularly, is better for me than ice packs. I think it may also be because it's less local and that may reduce the reaction of my complete nerve system? Strange me again...

Thank you, unfortunately it's not for leisure though. My partners granny died at the start of the year and his family are all in England so with covid restrictions they missed the funeral so we're taking the ashes to them for a second funeral. I know that is stressing me out because it will take a big emotional toll and the travelling a big physical toll but some things can't be helped :/
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that 😞 I imagine the stress of it all is what brought your flare on. I truly hope it passes quickly, and wish you strength for such an emotional time.

Deepest condolences, and good luck with everything.

Thank you. I hate cold things but I took your advice and tried ice packs for about an hour earlier and it really did help whilst I had them on so thank you very much! Weirdly couldn't even feel the cold so ill definitely be doing it again in the future.

So sorry for the stress if this trip, and hope you will do OK. Another thing you can try is calendula cream rubbed on the area where you are feeling the sensitivity. Might not work, but might be worth a try.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, stress flares 🤔

calendula cream rubbed on the area where you are feeling the sensitivity
Ah, that reminds me: I use calendula more for skin, and arnica if it's more muscles and nerves. If I didn't know: alternately? :)

I looked up calendula cream and it says it's for rough, dry and chapped skin? I will be popping up to the chemist in a little bit, I know you can get deep heat pads so I'm hoping there's such a thing as deep freeze pads. I'll have a look for both calendula and arnica cream whilst I'm there 🤞

calendula cream and it says it's for rough, dry and chapped skin
Not just that, fairly broad spectrum actually - esp. inflammation, even if invisible.

I looked up calendula cream and it says it's for rough, dry and chapped skin? I will be popping up to the chemist in a little bit, I know you can get deep heat pads so I'm hoping there's such a thing as deep freeze pads. I'll have a look for both calendula and arnica cream whilst I'm there 🤞
I am so sorry.
BRAIN FOG!
I meant to say arnica. That is what I use.

Aw happens to the best of us haha I got arnica in my new muscle rub cream, it’s really good there’s boswellia and peppermint in it too, I always thought arnica was for bruising but they seem to know what they doing cos it all works

BRAIN FOG!
LOL, coming to your rescue 🚒 was a little bit of a tough one... :cool:
No, seriously: I still think trying calendula in this case of sensitive skin might be worth it.
Arnica is definitely for all kinds of joint, tendon, muscles & fascial problems (helps me tons),
but I'd never call those "sensitive skin" like @JukeGen has, so maybe it's 2 things or 1 thing in 2 areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back