Diagnosis
04/2003
Country
uk
State
scotland
Hi
I have just joined this forum today Jan 2014
I was diagnosed with fibro/ME about 10 years ago after having had 2 seizures when asleep. The last 6 months things have been really bad pain and fatigue wise. I havent spoke to anyone about it my doc just keeps putting my pain releif up which helps a bit. Its not always pain that meds help I feel. the painsd I get her all of a sudden really sharp pain mainly in my left leg at the moment it can last from anything from 2 mins to 4/5 hrs in that one place deep deep in my leg or arm. Also has anyone experienced a buzzing feeling. Its like you mobile is on vibrate in your pocket or beside you...weird thank you for reading would be good if any help or advice out there about this type of pain being normal. thanks
Gill x

gilly 51,
I have had very sharp pains in my legs or arms, sometimes my back that feels like a bee sting, and hurts bad, then goes away. Sometimes I will get a zipping feeling of tingling or other odd feelings, like numbness. So your vibrator feeling may be the same type of pain just expressed differently. Fibro while know for muscle pain is said to cause our nerves to get mixed up in their responses to other stimulia. The muscles get inflamed and become stiff and hard to relax, and then the nerves within the muscles get confused. Sort of, if you get my drift.

So strange symptoms are the norm with fibro. But I think you might ask your doctor and have it mentioned in your records, should it become worse then it is now. But my pains usually last a few minutes at best, but you said this feeling lasts up to 4/5 hours. Are you diabetic by chance?
Let us know how your doing or if your doctor suggests a reason. In the mean time maybe other members can better relate to this feeling.

By the way welcome to the forum. :)

Hi.
I too have weird vibrations on my head and my pubic area. Like my cell phone is sitting there but it isn't. I have had the stinging pains too. I get tingling especially in my left upper outer thigh area
I have pain in my hands, feet, legs, back, neck, breasts, thighs, calves. Let's just say it's better just not to touch me because I hurt everywhere. But if it's a stronger touch like massage I can handle it. If my husband accidentally touches me, I jump out of my skin.

Welcome! I'm new too!

Justamom, I'm glad you mentioned about soft touch being painful but hard touch is OK. I always tell my friends to smack me rather than gently brush against me because a hard hit doesn't hurt.

Gilly, I'll get numbness or tingling in my legs or arms if I've been using the muscles a lot. My face around my mouth will sometimes get numb if I've been talking or smiling a lot. The feeling usually goes away after I've rested the affected muscles for a bit, though.

To all that relpied to this: Are you also coming off a medication (like Cymbalta, prozac,) or started a new med? I ask bc this also happened to me and my doctor explained what was going on in my head with the medications and that caused the "buzzing".

Hello, I have experienced the same things. Usually, I am going through a higher level of stress, my muscles seize and tense up and I will have the buzzing in various places. I find that heat and relaxing if possible do help some. Also, even though I know what fm can do or how it can affect me, when the buzzing or other symptoms happen sometimes I find I panic or have fear. I know that just makes it worse. Have you tried meditation?

MissFibro--I have not had the vibrations since I started cymbalta. But I honestly think the pain has been worse, or shall I say I am having more flares. But my mood is a little better. Now I just need help controlling the pain. I still have tingling and numbness before cymbalta and now on it still.
I get left arm pain too, aching pain from my shoulder down my left arm. I will be letting my dr know this, this week or next.

Corvid- isn't that crazy! I know I feel crazy at times. I'm glad to know there are others who get it!

Gilly, that sounds awful :( I too suffer from sharp leg pain (mostly), but my pain doesn't last so long (most of the time). As for buzzing... do you ever feel that when you are lying on bed? Sometimes I get some weird spasms (not painful ones, but they do cause some involuntary movements of my legs) when I'm on the bed and I've awoken to that ''buzzing'' feeling you have described, most of those things happen when I'm lying on bed.

I really hope you can find something that works for you very soon!

I also have been confined to my bed with pain and "buzzing" in my entire body as well as my head for the past two days and randomly here and there. Usually it is after I have had a night or few of insomnia such as last night.

MissFibro, I am coming OFF of Effexor - Cold Turkey and going ON Cymbalta, which my PCP said would be ok since they are both SSRI's.

Justamom, Corvid & Others, How is it that LIGHT TOUCH is so horribly painful, but if you pinch me with your fingernails it feels ok?

When I suffered pretty regularly with Restless Leg Syndrome, it often came on as an odd kind of buzzing sensation. It was absolutely impossible to describe in depth, but all I could do was try to stretch my legs and hope the buzzing stopped. I was fortunate enough to learn, however, that this symptom was caused by my pain medication (Tramadol), and once I was able to slowly (and quite painfully, mind you) ween myself off the drug, the buzzing finally went away.

Could it be drug related, I wonder?

MEgersheim, my theory about why light touch hurts but a harder touch doesn't (I never said fingernail pinches--just a harder touch): You know how if someone brushes against your skin lightly, it can tickle, but if they rub harder, it feels like a massage and doesn't tickle? Well, with the fibro my nerves are always in a state of hyper sensitivity. When someone or something brushes me lightly, I skip "tickle" and go straight to "screaming in agony." A harder touch doesn't hyper activate my nerves--it just feels like a massage.

MissFibro, no, I'm not coming off or going on any new meds. However, when I weaned off Effexor years ago I experienced something called "SSRI Withdrawal Syndrome." It was horrendous. I had what felt like strong electrical shocks that would blast through my entire body about once a second. At the same time, I'd lose my sight and hearing for just a split second. It was like living in a strobe light while sticking my finger in an outlet. This lasted six months. I never want to go through that again.

Thank you to all who replyed, im glad im not the only one :)

Thank you for your kind words Trellum the leg pain does worry me, as its so severe and always in the same place. Iv been on the same meds now for a few years Amitypline 50 - codydramol 2 at night - naproxen morning and night also seizure meds. so not convinced its my meds it must just be part of the ME/fibro, you kinda just accept this is the life you have been given and get on with it. There is a lot more peeps worse than me, so I keep telling myself this and be positve. Not always easy when nothing eases the pains. I hope everyone gets something to make life as easy as it can for you all. So glad I have found a group with people who understand how I feel. thanks guys xx

Hi Trellum
I do get most of my buzzing when at rest in bed or on settee with my feet up on stool and yes my leg or arm will sometimes jump lol...I usually shuffle about kidding on it was meant can be very embarassing. I say to my hubby can you feel the buzzing and he looks at me as if im daft..lol I suppose its hard for peeps to understand what its like to have fibro-cfs. take care xx

I get that strange buzzing feeling in my limbs and sometimes other parts of my body when I'm tired. It can range from buzzing to outright pain, and it only goes away after I've had a good amount of sleep, although I can occasionally clear mild buzzing by waving my arms and legs around (best to shut the door before doing this!). The trouble is that when I have this kind of pain, any pressure on my body makes it worse so I can't stay in one position for long and am unable to sleep. I also have a form of dysautonomia that can make it hard to stay still too. I get trapped in an awful spiral of buzzing, pain, tiredness and eventually extreme exhaustion that is so hard to get out of when I can't stay in one position long enough to get any sleep. The pressure from lying on the bed becomes extreme, and makes the buzzing and pain even worse.

Of course I have to make an effort not to get to this point, and to avoid stress, which just accelerates the downward spiral, but that's not always so easy! Does anyone else have this kind of experience where you so tired you're about to collapse but can't sleep because it's too painful to lie or sit down for more than a few minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back