Can a Better Diet Improve Our Condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I am wondering if there is any proof that a diet of one sort or another--raisin diet? holisitic diet? chocolate milk diet? can help our condition. Do you notice any change either in your diet or in your condition as the result of your diet?
Does any food make you feel better? Does any food make you feel really crappy? Every bite I put in my mouth makes me feel crappy because I know it will end up on the hips and I can't work it off!:x

there are way to many opinions on this

mine yes it makes a differance i dont drink allot of pop and mine is diet caffeine free

nothing crazy im hypersensitive so i have to drink distilled tap and well make me sick

the water helps a lil bit

cutting out processed and fast food

home cooked made from scratch type of stuff and just a balance of meats chicken cow and fish

there's no secret as far as i say no hippie radical diets

just common sense and eating well its not a never diet we eat out once in a while and other fun but you do feel i little tiny differance when you indulge and eat out

im lucky my wifes diabetic and a good from scratch cook still have sugar and treats just moderated

thats all i do o and i still have a few minor processed like frozen pizza chicken strips but its not daily

but hey each there own

I'm one who always believes that diet goes a long way, but I'm not sure if I think it always helps with Fibro. The only reason I say that, is because I had a friend in high school who had Fibromyalgia really bad, and she was a health nut. She was definitely pretty healthy, she was really into organic eating...But her symptoms were still really awful. Maybe she was going about the wrong path, though, there could be another diet that works!

From what I have read, and I have read a lot, there is not particular diet that helps FMS. I myself am gluten free which helps my IBS. As with everything else, a good healthy diet with plenty of clean protein, veggies, and fruit can't hurt. I have a really good friend who is a holistic nutritionist and he has given me a lot of information on the hazzards of artificial sweeteners. Besides being major carcinogens, they also cause body aches. They really should be the first thing docs tell people with FMS to get away from.
I had myself a good giggle at the "chocolate milk diet" you mentioned. I am a Chocolate Milk Addict, lol. It is my comfort go to. Hope this helped. Be well!

I really think that diet can do wonders. You should try to eat as a vegan. Avoid meat and animal by-products. I bet you will see a huge improvement in your condition. Eating meat really strains our digestive systems. It takes a lot of energy to break down animal flesh in order for it to digest properly. Eat more vegetables, fruits and non-meat proteins. There is also a moral benefit from avoiding meat. Good karma means good health.

sorry to each there own the ones who are 80 and 100 never went to the extreams of today the body needs all groups all groups benefit in one way or another meat whatever plus it strengthens the teat by toughness tough to digest sorry misinformed if you chew you food properly the acid in the stomic will destroy no problem

me a balanced diet not overboard meat but meat chicken fish bacon ham etc

the food groups from school and that hospital and docs teach

my wifes boss is one that sorry makes me roll laughing a new one each week pop will kill you maybe a case a day dont microwave plastic

wow 30s and i microwave to this day not dead or sick from that bpa free been doing bpa plastic my whole life not dead or sick yet 80 year old grandma still kicking it

i get rude forget manners and each there own because its gets very old new every week or so

i eat a well balanced diabetic diet homemade only a lil processed or eating out

my disorders vegetables dont do to much should i try more probably

for a couple years i chugged mini bottled of original v8 plus supplements

didnt change or help anything i still had to get glasses

just like i can take enough drugs and overdoses to kill a cow

and the body chem or whatever i can stop any drug cold and never ever feel the need or craving

my oxy i go months if the pain is low enough they attrib that to adhd and something they dont understand just they dont know why 5 time or so meds and allergic reactions that have killed others haven't killed me

everyone different everybody different

but for pain i think meat and all the works is the best help for me barely noticeable but can tell somethings off when i dont

plus vegetarians scare me a good percentage may be safe weight but so skinny

i drink diet caffeine free im allergic to everything on earth and hypersensitivity touch smell hearing taste they said fake sugar would kill us again a case or 5 bags a day i drink a single pop maybe 3 time a week or less its about moderation balance

so hey apologize for rude comment

Can we please have this person banned? He adds nothing of substance to our conversations. I only get negative energy from this person.

This post was edited slightly just to avoid anymore bad feelings. The person rollinloud was referring to is no longer posting here. I hope this matter is now resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
rollinloud,
Hope you are feeling better today. Man-im-so-fubar, has been banned from this forum.

Thanks, 1sweed, that brightens my day. He was just looking for attention. What an awkward fellow he was. You made the right call!

I am wondering if there is any proof that a diet of one sort or another--raisin diet? holisitic diet? chocolate milk diet? can help our condition. Do you notice any change either in your diet or in your condition as the result of your diet?
Does any food make you feel better? Does any food make you feel really crappy? Every bite I put in my mouth makes me feel crappy because I know it will end up on the hips and I can't work it off!:x

I have noticed that I crave sweets during and after really bad flares. Since the brain runs on glucose, I assume the craving is meant to provide quick energy for a nervous system under attack. The sweets are probably not that healthy for the rest of the body, but the temporary boost really helps me have the energy to get through the next wave of muscle spasms and the pain associated with them.

I have heard that adding ginger to foods helps with some conditions featuring pain and fatigue, but I have never tried using ginger specifically for pain relief.

A sliver or two of ginger makes Basmati rice really tasty, though!

I also use ginger in a variety of foods. It is so spicy and tasty. I think it does help to life the spirit. And I do crave sweets but not just after flares of pain. I just have a sweet tooth. I usually feel like crap after I eat sweets though so I try to eat just a little bit at a time. Try some peanut butter and bananas for a temporary boost instead of eating a candy bar.

Well, right now I'm trying a low carb diet, but I made the huge mistake of consuming sugar yesterday... today I'm having huge cravings! But right before that I had noticed my mood was way better than before. I think sugar makes me feel really miserable :( Plus carbs and sugar are terrible for someone with my condition (PCOS). As a person with PCOS and Fibro, I must look for long lasting lifestyle changes that are actually good for my condition (PCOS), so no choice for me :p

Well, right now I'm trying a low carb diet, but I made the huge mistake of consuming sugar yesterday... today I'm having huge cravings! But right before that I had noticed my mood was way better than before. I think sugar makes me feel really miserable :( Plus carbs and sugar are terrible for someone with my condition (PCOS). As a person with PCOS and Fibro, I must look for long lasting lifestyle changes that are actually good for my condition (PCOS), so no choice for me :p

I can understand sugar making you feel terrible. I stopped eating beef and eat very little pork, because it seems to linger in my gut way too long. It is difficult to digest and I really think it rots a little in the process.

Strawberries, oddly enough, tend to give me an immediate mental boost. They don't have to be very sweet for me to notice the affect, either. I have heard they are rich in vitamin C so that, coupled with their fructose content, may be why I feel so much better after eating a few.

I was afraid of that; that no matter how healthy you ate, you still felt crappy!
I am a terrible eater myself! I eat too much and none of it is good for me! My sweet tooth takes away all manner of self control; all i want is sugar! Yes, I have the sugar blues!
There is the occasional salad, a piece of fruit here and there but that is it! Lots of pasta, frozen foods like pizza, etc. I think I need to see a dietitian or at least try to curb it. i am not getting any younger. Does anyone know a way to stifle sugar addiction?

cinderr,

Try to use honey or agave or even peanut butter to satisfy your sweet tooth. A nice combination is peanut butter with bananas. Try to eat ginger laced cookies instead of cookies with a bunch of chocolate and sugar. Have a cup of decaf coffee instead of a sweet dessert. It really is mind over matter. Play video games or do any hobby to take your mind off of the sweets. Stay occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back