CAN CHRONIC FATIGUE JUST BE LEGS N ARMS?

Hopefullyyours

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
FL
Hello again! I have a emg testin showing fine, no diagnosis from neurologist and prednisone dose pkg never helped my leg n arm weakness ive had for 2mos now. Feel it most when gettin off couch or using arms. Internist says my legs and arms need strengthening, phys. Therapy but my diagnosis she wrote was simply weak arms n legs!! Does anyone ever feel just weakness in these areas and been told chronic fatigue syndrome? She gsve me a script for cymbata for one month bcus i have chronic feet pain in soles of feet that swell n hurt when standin....she said i have to get pain under control cuz she seems to think thats why im weak, lack of moving around a lot for 2yrs

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is properly called myalgic encephalomyelitis . (although most folks say CFS)

This is whole-body syndrome, and a very specific diagnosis and is not something a person can have "just in arms and legs".

Your issue is something else. Mostly you need to strengthen those muscles as best you can. Your internist is right and if you can get physical therapy, go for it. They will be able to give you the right exercises to do. If you have not been moving around much for the past two years, as you say, then you need to correct that. that is very likely to be the cause of your weakness.

Hopefullyyours

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
FL
But why would my arms feel heavy n weak, a whole new symptom after using the bike 5min? I didnt use my arms then! Never went away either. Today in the heat goin to car it wiped me out. My legs feel like water ballons r attached. Thx for ur helppp

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Hopefullyyours, there is no point in your asking the "why" questions, because we don't have any answers. The doctors don't have answers for you and we are not doctors and couldn't say from a distance even if we were. You need to focus your energy on the things that will potentially help you rather than wasting your energy asking why this is happening. Start doing work to strengthen, as I have said several times before. And read that post of mine. Work with your whole body: diet, stress level, mental health and so on. Work to help your body feel better. That is what will help you, not worrying about the whys. OK?

JayCS

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Although I haven't got chronic fatigue I don't think,
I often get heavy weak arms thru cycling too, and also my hands hurt quite a bit.
For months I didn't realize where it came from.
But whilst I've said & thought I can cycle easily, that's again not true.
In addition to the arms & hands I get a lot of pain in my backside, lower back.
My legs are best there, but afterwards they're still weak and wobbly for quite some time.
But I just love it for short distances up to 15-25 mins., that helps.
The rheum. clinic showed helpful hand exercises which help for the underarm too.
As sunkacola says - why doesn't help in the sense of what the exact cause is,
the only answer to that question here is: because it was too much.
Just means looking for the sweet spot and not giving up.

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
As sunkacola says - why doesn't help in the sense of what the exact cause is,
the only answer to that question here is: because it was too much.
Just means looking for the sweet spot and not giving up.
..................and remembering that the "sweet spot" doesn't stay in one place, but moves from day to day, making it a balancing act that needs to be constantly updated. this is why it's so important to listen to your body and to stay in touch with what is going in inside. And, the not giving up part is very important as well.