CAN CHRONIC FATIGUE JUST BE LEGS N ARMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefullyyours

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
FL
Hello again! I have a emg testin showing fine, no diagnosis from neurologist and prednisone dose pkg never helped my leg n arm weakness ive had for 2mos now. Feel it most when gettin off couch or using arms. Internist says my legs and arms need strengthening, phys. Therapy but my diagnosis she wrote was simply weak arms n legs!! Does anyone ever feel just weakness in these areas and been told chronic fatigue syndrome? She gsve me a script for cymbata for one month bcus i have chronic feet pain in soles of feet that swell n hurt when standin....she said i have to get pain under control cuz she seems to think thats why im weak, lack of moving around a lot for 2yrs

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is properly called myalgic encephalomyelitis . (although most folks say CFS)

This is whole-body syndrome, and a very specific diagnosis and is not something a person can have "just in arms and legs".

Your issue is something else. Mostly you need to strengthen those muscles as best you can. Your internist is right and if you can get physical therapy, go for it. They will be able to give you the right exercises to do. If you have not been moving around much for the past two years, as you say, then you need to correct that. that is very likely to be the cause of your weakness.

But why would my arms feel heavy n weak, a whole new symptom after using the bike 5min? I didnt use my arms then! Never went away either. Today in the heat goin to car it wiped me out. My legs feel like water ballons r attached. Thx for ur helppp

Hopefullyyours, there is no point in your asking the "why" questions, because we don't have any answers. The doctors don't have answers for you and we are not doctors and couldn't say from a distance even if we were. You need to focus your energy on the things that will potentially help you rather than wasting your energy asking why this is happening. Start doing work to strengthen, as I have said several times before. And read that post of mine. Work with your whole body: diet, stress level, mental health and so on. Work to help your body feel better. That is what will help you, not worrying about the whys. OK?

Although I haven't got chronic fatigue I don't think,
I often get heavy weak arms thru cycling too, and also my hands hurt quite a bit.
For months I didn't realize where it came from.
But whilst I've said & thought I can cycle easily, that's again not true.
In addition to the arms & hands I get a lot of pain in my backside, lower back.
My legs are best there, but afterwards they're still weak and wobbly for quite some time.
But I just love it for short distances up to 15-25 mins., that helps.
The rheum. clinic showed helpful hand exercises which help for the underarm too.
As sunkacola says - why doesn't help in the sense of what the exact cause is,
the only answer to that question here is: because it was too much.
Just means looking for the sweet spot and not giving up.

As sunkacola says - why doesn't help in the sense of what the exact cause is,
the only answer to that question here is: because it was too much.
Just means looking for the sweet spot and not giving up.
..................and remembering that the "sweet spot" doesn't stay in one place, but moves from day to day, making it a balancing act that needs to be constantly updated. this is why it's so important to listen to your body and to stay in touch with what is going in inside. And, the not giving up part is very important as well.

How old are you? Have you considered it may be early on-set Parkinson's. I ask this because my husband is struggling with the same thing. It has to do with the dopamine receptors in your brain. He says it feels like he is walking in cement.
Try finding something that will work on the dopamine receptors like Ashwaganda, it's a natural supplement.

Just a thought because like others have posted, CF is full body fatigue not generally straight body part specific.
I wish you well.

Awww thx sry 2 hear that! I have done ashwaganda n such. Tried tying my hair in a bun and all my shoulder n bacj isheavy! I have had emg n mri. Did he??

But my weakness in legs is always there. No break! Isnt fibromyalgia have flareup amd then someeee normalcy? My body has not recovered in now 8mos after some mild strecthing and 5 min in bike! Its like its shocked! So afraid. Started phyis therapy and next day even heavier and idk what todi

Hi im back on the site! If my neck, back etc are so heavy now also as soon as i do a two second task with them and legs are even weaker, does that nownsound like cfs? My jaw is weak after they exercised my legs at p.t.!!!

I also get so red n flushed with exhaust just gettin up off toilet seat its so low!! Does this happen to u or has it. Again no break or flare up, just seens constant unless i stop bending and doin much and then not lot heavy feeling

If your long hear is heavy, cut it.
Fibromyalgia is not always a flare and then "normal". Some of us have pain or discomfort every day, myself included.
Stop PT if it makes things worse.
If one exercise doesn't work for you do another, but you need to keep trying to find something you can do to move your body. If it hurts the next day, do it again anyway but just do a bit less, or try something else. If you stop trying every time it causes you problems you may not ever find something that will work for you or be able to rebuild your strength.
I had to try a lot of different thigs and go at it in different ways before I found what works for me. Don't give up on yourself.
And try focusing more on what you CAN do than on what you cannot.

I'm assuming you've been diagnosed with Fibro? Im just wondering if you are in the midst of really bad flare ups, which I understand can last a long time. I'd say the really bad flareups I've had put me in and out of bed for weeks or months. And when I was out of bed, it was just to get a drink or eat something. Muscle fatigue all over, but mostly in shoulders, arms, lower back and thighs. Pain in those areas and elsewhere at different times. it is hard to not have what you or others might consider a real diagnosis. But fibro is a real thing. My dr. said the medical community is not quite ready yet, but Fibromyalgia is on the verge of being classified as an autoimmune disease. I think the PT will help you, as much as it is difficult now, try to stay with it. Best of luck!!

I'm assuming you've been diagnosed with Fibro? Im just wondering if you are in the midst of really bad flare ups, which I understand can last a long time. I'd say the really bad flareups I've had put me in and out of bed for weeks or months. And when I was out of bed, it was just to get a drink or eat something. Muscle fatigue all over, but mostly in shoulders, arms, lower back and thighs. Pain in those areas and elsewhere at different times. it is hard to not have what you or others might consider a real diagnosis. But fibro is a real thing. My dr. said the medical community is not quite ready yet, but Fibromyalgia is on the verge of being classified as an autoimmune disease. I think the PT will help you, as much as it is difficult now, try to stay with it. Best of luck!!
Thx!! I have tested positive for autoimmune anitibodies and one sgrogens test but no blood inflammation. Its been 8mos since i started some stretchin and then bam! Alll this started w heavy legs n getin off couch being weaker legs. Real no let up this long so im so confused. Ughhh. Even the toilet is so low and i always have to push up n feel weakness. Not much pain so idk. One rhum. Dr said could be fm but all tests like mri and emg of muscles are good but still noone will say whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back