Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
03/2004
Country
Rom
State
European Union (border re
I've heard about a lot of people who just stopped feeling the pain one day. Is it possible?

I wouldn't be too optimistic, this condition is up and down all the time. One day you'll be completely fine and the other you are confined to a couch in your pajamas. We all have to balance hope and realistic expectation. <3

Okay, thanks for answering. The pain has come back now. We don't know what to expect anymore!

That is my experience....one day you have it Bad, the next you can feel Great or at least good enough to do things. That can last for me for weeks or more...then if I do too much I get a relapse or flair up that can last for one day or weeks or months ( one time it lasted 8 months) I do hate these days of not being able to do anything...so very frustrating to the point I cry out of anger or frustration in myself....and the pain gets to me sometimes I feel I can't take it anymore...or just don't want to go on with this way of living. But... then I talk myself into not giving up, for now. Going gluten free helped me a LOT! Before I went gluten free I couldn't walk very far, I had to use a cane and at one point was so weak I couldn't even take a shower by myself and get dressed. Now a little over a year later... no cane. I also ride my bike and trying to do short work outs a little at a time so I don't over do it..but sometimes I over do it without knowing I am over doing it and I end up having a 'relapse' for a few days or a week...grrr.. I so hate this way of living and I am still looking for answers. I hate being held back from life.

In my experience, it is a condition that can be managed to the point of not feeling it on a regular basis. Whenever I do a poor job managing through my strict diet and routine, I get flares. My flares are not as bad as they used to be though. I don't know if it would ever go away without much effort on your part though.

Well, I was great for almost 1 year, but now I'm feeling just awful. Ever since I came back from the Netherlands I've been feeling terrible in every single sense! I feel so depressed right now to be honest, but I can't even talk about that with my SO because it'd be like talking to a wall, since he will never understand anyway. Ah well... Maybe in a few months this flare will be gone. This is how it is when you have fibro...if you are lucky you can go pain-free for weeks, months and even years, but sometimes when it comes back... it does with vengeance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back