kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Can Fibro go away eventually? I have read that sometimes this only lasts for a few years. I am not sure how it would go away. I am sure I have heard of people having this for years and years. I am just wondering.

I don't know about it just suddenly going away, but I definitely seem to have good days and bad days. Well, more like a whole cluster of good days and then a cluster of bad days after that.

When I'm having those good days, I make sure to make the most of them! They are a gift! :D

Believe it or not I've heard of people who claim to be in remission or have been in remission for a very long time! I'm not sure how common is that to be honest, but I do think that I was living free of pain for a long period some years ago. I had some minor discomforts but that's it! Now fibro is back... full force... worst part is my neck! I don't believe fibro can leave us alone for too long...

Last edited:
I have experienced times when my fibro was not so bad, by just cutting down on my activities and relaxing more, and trying to avoid depression. Sometimes I have felt wonderful and then went out thinking I was cured and over did, winding up back in lots of pain and depression. Some people are lucky in avoiding a backlash but not many are completely cured of fibro effects. :)

I know how you feel, 1sweed! It has happened several times, that kept me in denial... I didn't want to believe I had something chronic that wasn't curable. Well, after a while I kinda learnt to cope and accept things as they are, at least fibro isn't going to kill me, isn't like I was diagnosed with a fatal disease like terminal cancer or anything like that. I know the pain can get worse tho, much worse and living in pain isn't cool, but I do believe that a long as there is life there is a lot hope! Life is wonderful... it's a miracle we are here talking! Life is precious and plan to make the most out of it... before something else happens.

I do not think this disease will ever go away. But, that does not mean that it cannot be controlled by a great medical professional. Now, with our disease this can be very hard to believe. Hoping is probably what this is called. I want to believe we can hope for better control of this awful thing that we all share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back