Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
My pain makes my legs feel heavy and tired. I have difficulty walking, and unsteady on my feet. The pain varies it can be sharp, or like being in a vice like something is squeezing me. It can last for a few minutes or hours and even days, if its really bad it can last weeks. The only way I can describe it to someone is to compare it with a ice cream headache, The kind of pain that can come from no where and just stop you in your tracks. Only it can be anywhere in your body. I would like to know what your pain feels like, Does it sound like mine?

I have this same issue with my feet. To ease the pain I will soak my feet in hot water for about 15 to 30 minutes. Adding Epson salt also help with the soreness. Try some leg exercise when you are not in so much pain so that you can get blood circulating throughout your legs. This usually helps me.

Hi CrystalMarie, yes I agree exercise is the best thing for me, it really helps even if I only can do a little.

I have fibro pain and joint pain, though both are significantly better on my room regimen from my naturopath. There are only a few triggers that cause my fibro pain now, but it was almost constant pain about 4-5 months ago. Most of my pain is a dull ache, either deep in the muscle or the joint. Sometimes it feels like someone is squeezing moderatly firmly and won't let go. But sometimes I get very sudden sharp pains that linger for maybe a minute at a time. They feel like I hit myself against a wall, and my reflexes cause me to jump back when I get the stabbing pain as if I did actually hit something. At the worst, it is a tender ache that cramps my whole muscle, like I'm wearing one of those rubber bands that nurses put on your arm before drawing blood.

90% of my fibro pain is in my arms and legs.

My pain is that deep muscle ache like you get when you have a bad case of the flu. It's worst in my shoulders, hips, legs and upper arms. During a flare I will sometimes get stabbing pain in my legs too. Sometimes I get a pins and needles feeling all over, and my index fingers/big toes also go numb sometimes.

Right now it's all about my head and neck, other limbs are also bothering me, but my main problem is in that specific area. It's hard to describe my pain, specially my head one, it feels like some kind of pressure most of the time... sometimes when I stand up or come in contact with a strong light it feels like I was having some kind of cramp in my left side. My neck feels like... I've been in the wrong position for weeks! It's so hard to explain :( I had t go to the ER today, but they just couldn't do much for me... gave me painkillers and recommended me to see a neurologist.

I don't know if I can describe it as a whole. I tend to feel pain in whatever joint/muscle is bothering me more. Right now, my tibialis muscle is driving me mad. It feels like there is a ball attached to the side of my shin. It isn't a blood clot as, I've had it looked at. My doctor thinks it's muscle issues due to poor blood sugar control but I'm not so sure. I get 'relief' from that pain when my back acts up. When my back hurts it's debilitating. It feels like each vertebrae is out of whack but in a different direction. I have issues with my knees, hips, hands, feet and jaw but, they're not hurting me as much as my back and leg; so, at this point they're not hurting.

My pain can best be described as fire. At first, there is an ache, a soreness that won't go away with rubbing or anything like that. Then it develops into a throbbing pain that is concurrent with my pulse. Most of the time, it is accompanied by the muscles in the spot of pain and around it spasming. It's like there are "jumping beans" inside my skin. And then... the fire comes. Please note that all the previous sensations do not leave. I am still aching, throbbing, sore and spasming when the fire hits. And no, it isn't shingles. I was tested for EVERYTHING before my doctor diagnosed me with fibro. It is my nervous system having an End of Lent/St. Patrick's Day/New Year's Eve in Times Square/Cinco de Mayo party, and every pill I have ever been prescribed does not do a single thing for the fire.

Because of this pain, I have lost my job, my insurance, my dignity, I've pretty much lost most of my favorite things to do (i.e. gardening [serious organic gardening], softball, playing sports [or pretty much anything] in the yard with my son, I have lost any semblance of a social life. Facebook is about as social as I am.), and basically it has taken over my life. Because of the lack of insurance, I cannot try any of the "newer drugs." I would LOVE to try Lyrica, but I could never afford the out-of-pocket cost. I've lost my "bedmate," who is my absolutely adorable black Lab/mix (but mainly black Lab), named Gracie. She has slept with me since I found her starving to death in 20 degree (Fahrenheit) weather under a bush. When I took her to the vet, I was told she was seven weeks old, but looked and weighed the same as a four week old puppy. But now, because of my out of control symptoms, she can't sleep with me anymore. She is very aware that I hurt. She has not jumped on me in two years, even at her most excited. I have lost so much.

I had knee surgery in March of 2013 (which by the way- the surgeon said I had the knee of a professional football player). Right before the surgery, I was in the transition of turning my job into a career. I really did not like the work I did, but I had decided that I did not want to be a "peon." I wanted to excel, to stand out, to be my boss's "go to person." But that did not happen. I got back to work six weeks later, and was never able to catch up or keep up with the workload that was my responsibility because of the pain. I was out a lot, late a lot, and basically was not dependable.

Anyway, sorry for writing a book. But it helps me to "get it out." Thanks for listening. I have the same question as the author of this post. Does anyone have "fire" in their muscles?

My friend tells me that part of his pain is the lack of sleep. Sometime he'll be asleep for an hour and then feel a heavy current on his chest or knees and arms which jolt him awake. It sounds troubling to say the least.

I have different pains. I have muscle cramps. My legs cramp very badly in my calves. I have muscle fatigue. I can lift 3 plates to put away after washing dishes and then my arm muscles feel like I played tennis for a week. They are tired and achey. I have tingles or pins & needles pain in my arms and legs. I feel like I am being tasered or electrically shocked in my legs. I get migraines. I am sore and feel like my whole body is a bruise. If you touch me, I will flinch and it will feel like you poked a bruise. My feet hurt - bottoms and heels. I have to rock back and forth on the sides of my feet to stand sometimes. My lower back hurts so bad I have to use a heating pad and bench toward my toes and punch myself in the back sometimes to make it feel better. I have chest pain - sharp, stabbing pain for as long as I can remember, even at age 5. I have knots in my abdomen that are very, very sore to the touch and when I move they pinch me and make me cry. My knee hurts on the inside underneath where when I stand up for the first time, I cannot put weight on it. It takes me a minute to get it going. Some days I limp around because of it. It feel like it is going to brake, I guess. Not sure how to describe that one. My neck and upper shoulders get stiff and my shoulders burn. Want to add the entire outline of my body is probably worse with the bruising feeling (top of feet, hips, outside thighs, etc.)

The pain I deal with daily is the kind that leaves me in pain especially if I haven't been active for awhile. Then, my pain is worse, due to the fact my joints were in active. I need to stay physically active as much as possible throughout my day. I try to keep my joints in good condition by practicing good physical health. Staying fit, also included sleeping well, and that also helps control pain.

For me it feels like I have an icepick in my various triggerpoints. My lower back, hips, shoulder, pressure sensitivity in my elbows... Ugh. It's sharper and harder than most other types of pain I've experienced, and almost everything makes it worse. Just existing makes it worse.

Does anybody suffer with severe pain in arms and hand so much so I can't hold a cup

The best way I like to describe it is feeling like a car with a few spark plugs missing and getting ready to run out of gas. Every day is different. But I feel like that every day and then we get to wake up to see what else has been added. One time I woke up and both knees felt like someone beat them with a baseball bat and they stayed that way for about 4 weeks (no exercise-no explanation). This week its my arms. Both arms feel sore all over in the bones and joints like I dug ditches for 24 hrs straight. I feel like I weigh 500Lbs. My head buzzes and rings 24/7 and theres this weird fog in my head. I itch all over and get random pain stabs and bites. One time I woke up to both feet being completely numb and tingling. They stayed that way for a few months and then went away with out explanation. I don't sleep well and when I wake up I never feel refreshed--I always feel like I didn't sleep at all----ugh sick

My one hand/arm is very weak and painful so I can't open anything but I can still hold a cup. That must be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back