Can you fully recover from fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gain

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
FI
What do you think about recover from fibromyalgia?

Is it possible?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year

I changed my diet to a gluten and sugar free.
I started taken duloxetine for a pain.
I have tried to relax more and exercise.

So, you have methods to reduce symptoms.

Has someone full recovered from fibromyalgia?

I personally have not heard of anyone fully recovering from FM. But I do know that a person can have temporary remissions, and if anyone truly had FM and they truly recovered long term, I'd love to hear about it. I think often people who might say they recovered from FM didn't actually have FM in the first place......but if I am wrong I would like to hear about it.

I also know that there are a lot of things you can do to manage FM and reduce the level at which it affects or limits your life. There's no one thing that works for everyone, but making the right choices on a daily basis has made my life much better and allowed me to seriously reduce the amount of time I spend in severe pain unable to do what I want to do.

Thank sunkacola. I appreciate your message. Do you think that you can live a happy life with FM?

I think the acceptance of this disease is one of the most difficult things.

I ask every day why this happened to me.

Thank sunkacola. I appreciate your message. Do you think that you can live a happy life with FM?

I think the acceptance of this disease is one of the most difficult things.

I ask every day why this happened to me.
gain-----yes, absolutely you can lead a very happy life with FM. You can lead a very happy life while very poor, with no legs, with a chronic disease, and so on. There is nothing that, in and of itself, prevents leading a happy life except some forms of mental illness.

The situation you are in, how you manage your life, the support and love you receive and give to others, and many many other factors determine whether or not you are happy. FM doesn't determine it.

You are right that acceptance is a major key, and remember this:
The degree to which you can have acceptance of each present moment is the degree to which you can have peace of mind.

One more thing: I would like to suggest that you stop asking WHY this has happened. First off, there's no answer, so asking is pointless. Secondly, if you are fond of asking "why" to unanswerable questions, try asking yourself why are you a person with a place to live and food to eat, clean water to drink and citizenship in your country and electricity and access to a computer, when there are hundreds of millions of people on this planet who don't have, and may never have, any of those things? Why do you live a life that, even if not remotely wealthy by American standards, is unimaginably rich to the majority of the population of this planet just because you have those things?

You see what I mean - there's no answer to that. It just is. Personally, I do all I can to adequately and reasonably manage my problems, whatever they are, and I am grateful for what I have that others don't. I help if there's something I can do to help. And that's it. I don't spend my energy asking "why" when it can be better spent.

What do you think about recover from fibromyalgia? Is it possible?
Has someone full recovered from fibromyalgia?

Well, I have read from quite a few people who claim fibro can be healed, first example is a physio called Liebscher-Bracht, last example was a pay-thing in the UK called Chrysalis Effect, in both people who they say had fibro don't have it any more. The nearest example is my own physio, who "had" it, and sometimes has said she hasn't got it any more, because she manages to work again with it (self-employed part time, starting late in the mornings).
But: NO, I completely agree with sunkacola - when you read or listen to the small print, it sounds more like remissions or not so severe. I myself manage to get all my many single pains down to a minimum pretty often, with a great deal of hard "work" on my symptoms, lots of self-discipline, self-care etc. But if I do more than a few hours of things a day I used to do for 12h per day the Ache, exhaustibility and feverishness starts up again. I worked for 50h/w till Dec19, had to stop for 10 months, am struggling to try 15h/w and will probably end up on 5h/w unless several things help.

"Do you think that you can live a happy life with FM? I think the acceptance of this disease is one of the most difficult things."
Agreed, it's not easy. It's saying yes to a new life, with self-care for me and my body, reaping the benefits for all I've given others up to then... and I'm enjoying it. Struggling to work is making it more difficult, but I'll (have to) make my decision how much I can do so in March, and it will be for a happy life, not a struggling one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back