Not open for further replies.

lynn77

Diagnosis
03/2000
Country
US
State
FL
Have you ever known anyone who had fibromyalgia and then stopped having it? I know we all find various ways to cope with our symptoms, but is there hope of it going away?

To be honest I haven't heard of such a thing so far, I believe some people can be almost pain-free for long periods of time (I'm one of those), but I don't think fibro will ever go away. It always comes back! Unfortunately I think fibro is here to stay :( But there are a lot great alternatives that can help us to deal with the pain :)

Have you ever known anyone who had fibromyalgia and then stopped having it? I know we all find various ways to cope with our symptoms, but is there hope of it going away?

This is kind of a trick question there, lynn! :-D Why do I say that? Because while none of us have probably heard of someone's symptoms just going away one day, that really has nothing to do with whether or not a cure will be found next month or next year or five years from now.

I'd like to think that when either a cure or an effective treatment comes along, that we *will* be able to say we know people whose fibro just "stopped." It's called hope, and I think hope is vital.

I have heard of some people who have gotten better over time. Some people get significantly better. But I do not think it can go away completely. As far as I know there is not a cure. One of my friends barely has symptoms now.

Hi
I am trying absolutely everything to possibly enter a "remission" phase, even if it's just for a month. For those of you who haven't had symptoms for a while, can you share your success stories? I am tired of taking pain pills and I feel that that just makes it worse.

thanks,

I don't think so--not today anyhow. I have this idea that if I lost weight, my pain will dissipate to some extent but how do you lose weight when you can't exercise and are stuck inside, where the fridge beckons all day long?:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back