Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi is anyone living in Canada that can advise me on Disability for Fibromyalgia. I had to quit my job as a PSW. The pain was so bad that I couldnt do it anymore. Now I am having trouble paying bills. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi Lana I live in BC and have applied for disability. I started the process over a year ago, denied,appealed,now am appealing to the tribunal level. I worked as a care aide for over 26 years and can no longer work due to my Fibro. Sorry I can't give you any advice except, don't give up, keep fighting for what we are rightfully entitled to. In Ontario you can probably find a good lawyer to help you,here in BC there are very few so I am doing this on my own. If denied for tribunal I will get one. Good luck on your application,sorry I couldn't offer much advice.

Hi Lana thought I should clarify last response: I am referring to CPP Disability not Provincial. I have never applied for Provincial but have heard it is easier to get.

Thank you for your reply, I am going to start this emotional journey for Disabilty tomorrow, I know its not going to be easy but like you I have to fight for my rights. Please keep me posted on how your doing, I hope everything turns out for you. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back