Cannot sleep again lets join the wide awake club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
uk
State
Greater Manchester
Hi, why is it I am so tired that I feel like I could sleep for week. The issue is that when I go to bed I cannot sleep as it is impossible to get in a comfortable position without being in pain. Any solutions to getting comfortable or at least getting some sleep this week.

Different things work for different people.
But here are a few possibilities:

try sleeping in a different bed if you have one, or on the couch
get a mattress topper (I hear the memory foam ones can help a lot)
do a little gentle exercise, like stretching, an hour before bed
do not be in front of any kind of screen whatever for at least an hour before bed and do some kind of relaxation technique before bed
If you can get medical cannabis or CBD oil, that can help you to relax enough that the pain doesn't wake you up. I swear by these and use them almost every night.
See if you can get your doctor to prescribe Baclofen or some similar muscle relaxant. It's not the kind that makes you woozy, it's just mild, but it will help you to stay asleep (or, anyway, it helps me, especially if combined with an Advil)
Use a body pillow (I swear by mine and cannot really be comfortable without it)

I am sure others will have more ideas.
I hope something works for you!

I have that issue. Been up 36 hours now.
Usually I have Zanaflex (muscle relaxer) that kills pain and puts me to sleep for a few hours
I ordered a new mattress and waiting on it to be delivered to see if it helps. It will be #6 since 2014 I have tried

It’s very hard on the body no sleep.in fact I believe it makes everything we go through 10 worse.

It’s very hard on the body no sleep.in fact I believe it makes everything we go through 10 worse.
Truer words were never spoken. It has been proven scientifically over and over that lack of sleep is so bad for the body and mind that going without sleep for too long can become an emergency.

As a chronic insomniac, I know about this!
But many years ago now I got a medication that helps me sleep without side effects and I have taken it every night since. I'd rather not take it. but if I don't, I stop getting enough sleep. On some nights, maybe 1 or 2 times a week, I still don't sleep well. But that is a lot better than never!

I personally think that a person needs to do whatever works, take whatever medication works, to be able to sleep, because without that nothing else will work.

Dunno when you're coming back, dragongirl, or in case anyone else's interested: here's my experience in a nutshell:
I have/had 30+ "wakers" and found something for all of them. Single pains and The Ache were included. First thing that helped was as sunkacola has suggested changing mattress/topper & pillows. For the pains short-term arnica cream and long-term acupressure/gentle PT. For The Ache showering before sleep (cold helps me best). But after all that it wasn't just the pain: I still wake/woke up once an hour. GABA helped a bit, theanine to get it more effective & restorative, but maybe most effective was increasing passiflora from 600 to 1200mg per night. Now I'm re-visiting melatonin, which drugged me too much, now using <0.1mg (1 mcg) instead of the 2-10mg often recommended. And to wake up: GABA & theanine after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back