Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hello, my name is Justin and im a 22 year old who's been dealing with chronic pain for the last 3 years. I woke up with a headache and back pain that never went away. I have extreme pain in between my shoulder blades, neck, and i get terrible headaches. I've had every test done under the sun done on me and everything comes back fine. I also have neurological systems also such as short memory, confusion, vision changes, unbalanced, brain fog, exhaustion and doing dumb stuff like putting my car keys in the fridge. I get dizzy and sometimes have trouble walking. I also have bad anxiety, which almost always subsides when the pain does. I've tried a lot of treatments and medications but nothing works to help with the pain. It has taken over my life and I'm frustrated as to why. It has severely decreased my productivity at school and work, and is nearly costing me my relationship with my girlfriend. The pain has taken me from an active and healthy person who loves the outdoors and exercising, to laying on a bag of ice or a heating bad scared to move because everything makes the pain worse. My doctors are just as confused and one is starting to think its fibro because all the blood tests, x-rays, CT scans and MRI's come back fine. I still need to see a rheumatologist to help get a diagnosis. Any way i apologize for my rant, i just don't know where else to go because not too many people understand.

Hay welcome, u come to the right place. We do understand your pain, we have a few young ppl here. Has the Dr given u any pain killers, I no your young but u want a life , most of us can't cope without pain killers .its be in pain or have some kind of life.i maybe pushing 43 but I still want to be able to go out and about.im so sorry u ending up with this crap.
But ppl here will always try to help u if we can.

Thank you so much, but ive tried almost every medication short of real pain killers such as oxycodone and those types of drugs. i still havent tried lyrica or any drugs meant for fibro. but ive taken too many anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers to count. Any recommendations on pain killers that helped?

hello justin.

take the nerve blockers like gabapentin or lyrica or cymbalta.
reduce the pain signals to your brain. that will reduce your pain levels.

nothing is going to stop the pain completely.

if you want a quality of life get the meds.

if you haven't tried the harder drugs try them. you can always stop them.

they are dangerous, but so is getting in a car.

Tried gabapentin with no luck, i think the next step for me will be lyrica. Thank you for the response.

Wow i totally understand your frustration...I've been there and all sorts of Dr's and meds....hang in there....the begining is hard. I hope neurologist or a rheumatologist can give u some relief. Untill then maybe a multivitin,omega 3,6,9,st johnswort. And i.b.profen. Ive been living with fm for 14yrs and use what i can because i gave up on Dr's and try to find my own relief. Soak in Epson salt before bed....it makes a big difference. The natural stuff slowly helps with brain fog,anxiety,depression and pain just not as fast and instant as prescription drugs. I am constantly researching what supplements for fm and I'm still tweaking my vitamins and minerals to find ultimate relief . I hope you feel better soon. Well wishes.

Coincidentally i just picked up a big bag of epsom salts for gardening, ill give that a go and pray to god i find a little bit of relief.

I have the same trouble when it comes to pain killers and fibro medications. Meds like Gabapentin didn't do a thing. I've also tried all the vitamins you can think of. While they may provide some very small relief, it's never been enough for me to notice and I got real tired of taking 7 medications a day that weren't doing anything. Fortunately, I did find that marijuana helps? I know it's so controversial, but it's honestly the only thing that combats my pain AND stomach problems (I have horrible nausea from the fibro and have a lot of trouble with indigestion and stomach acid). It only takes a really small amount. Not even enough to get you high (if you smoke often enough)! Just a thought, because I understand how insanely frustrating it is to not have any relief from meds.
Good luck! (And I hope your girlfriend continues to be supportive!)

when you say the gabapentin is not helping? what are you expecting it to do?

read the med guide that came with it. understand what it does. it's not a pain killer.

it a nerve blocker to the brain. it reduces the signals from the muscles to send pain to that area.

for me it also reduces the numb feeling i get in my shoulder down to my hand. remember that drugs can take weeks to months to process in your
body.

I recently had a DNA test done. insurance paid for it. they found that it takes my body two months to process the drugs in my body.
so in simple terms, the meds i take today dont work for two months. so the relief im getting is from the meds i took to months ago.

learn about your body. learns if and how long the meds are working.

may you all have low pain days ahead.

I was on gabapentin for 4 months and noticed absolutely no change in anything. I didn't understand the point of putting a drug in my body if it did absolutely nothing for me. My doctor even told me to stop taking it if i hadn't noticed a change. And i know marijuana helps a lot of people, but I'm trying to hopefully become a police officer so thats a no go. I appreciate the input everyone is giving and it helps a lot to talk to people that understand, i see the rheumatologist at the end of the month, hopefully they can help.

so what med/nerve blocker are you taking now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back