Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
tn
I was diagnosed in 2009 by my rheumatologist. I took lyrica for a few months. I started having gallbladder problems, and stopped taking. Not sure if the lyrica caused the problem. I have tried different muscle relaxers. I am now taking Carisoprodo. It helps temp when I am willing to take it. It makes me feel so tired. I also suffer from major clinical depression and take cymbalta for that. The doctor said he did not want me to take savella since I am on the cymbalta. Could really use some advice and support. Wish people could understand fibromyalgia does exist.

It is so hard, isn't it? I understand as I have tried 25+ prescription meds for pain as I also have herniated discs and so on. Nothing has helped, including Lyrica. All it has done is weight gain. :-( I would speak to your pharmacist about Lyrica and gallbladder issues. Check out drugs dot com for prescription info including side effects.

So sorry you are suffering. About three years ago I decided to not allow pain to control me (very hard). I have also learned not to rely on drugs, either, but admittedly it would be wonderful to find something that works. Have you tried light massage, acupuncture, etc.? They can at least provide temporary relief. I hope you find the help you need soon!

I take neurontin 3 times a day and it works for me.

I also take generic neurontin twice a day. I actually take it for a different health issue. I have a muscle relaxer that I can take. I only take it when I have a severe flare up. I have several other health issues, and have to take several meds.

So sorry to hear you had such an awful experience with Cymbalta. Sadly most meds come with a lot side effects, and to be honest I'd not be surprised if the medication made a pre-existing gallbladder issue worst. Meds have a different effects on people, some people might not experience a single side effect from taking Cymbalta or other meds, but others do. Sadly it'll be trial and error for you, be patient and don't worry... sometimes it takes a while to find what really works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back