Not open for further replies.

VPugh

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
UK
So I start off with a shameless plug to get it over with. I have a short book on Fibromyalgia coming out on Friday on Amazon. Now this isn't a Self-Help book or anything like that, but it was a bit of catharsis for me as I thought about all of the nonsense that goes with the illness.

I am a writer of fiction usually, but I wanted to write something short and not-so-sweet about the condition as I find that sometimes I need to laugh about all of the absurdities it involves. It was also a way of getting it out of my system, though there are enough things I left out for a second book!

My wife told me off for minimising my symptoms in the book and, as a bloke, I tend to be almost apologetic about being ill. Anyway, perhaps some of you will be find it amusing and distracting enough to get you through the bad days. I promise the next topic will not be quite so much of a sales pitch

Attachments

• 4194SmQiqXL.jpg
    4194SmQiqXL.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 53
I try to laugh at myself as

Opps. As I as saying laughter is the best medicine. I will check out your book

I definitely think you have to. After a long week, I had a perfectly rotten weekend where every bone and muscle ached.

Laughter is always good medicine. I will definitely buy your book. Thank you for writing it and I can't wait to read it.

My pleasure. There might be a sequel on the way as - and I'm sure I'm not alone - I simply cannot go through all of the little aches and pains that come with Fibromyalgia in one short book. I'll see how the first one goes down and if reviews are positive before committing to writing another bit of nonsense.

My pleasure. There might be a sequel on the way as - and I'm sure I'm not alone - I simply cannot go through all of the little aches and pains that come with Fibromyalgia in one short book. I'll see how the first one goes down and if reviews are positive before committing to writing another bit of nonsense.
You should hear some of our stories too and put them in the next book. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a bad comedy, always good to see humor in a bad situation!

I was thinking of collating a few other people's symptoms actually. Watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back