CBD oil experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tylenol, being processed by the liver, will with extended use damage the liver's ability to do what it needs to do, and that is why it is possible to die from an overdose of tylenol.
It is not recommended to take it daily for an extended time, especially in a quantity like 1000 mg. You will risk irreversible damage if you do.
There are other much safer options.

Thank you for clarification, Sunkacola !!!
All these chemicals in moderation, l get it.
Cannabis, from far is the best of all.

CBD doesn't do much for me, unfortunately. It relaxes me a bit, but nothing for pain. I can't use THC because I'm recovery.

Sunkacola, cannabis is not good for the heart and interacts with heart medications. It is currently illegal in my state, but this is why I couldn't use it if it was legalized.

My pain doc wants to give it one last go and applied for me to get cannabis about 3 months ago, no authorization yet, tho.
After having weaned off of Amitriptyline and feeling much the better for it, I am all the more wondering whether cannabis is right for me.
I've got my pains fairly under control in the meantime and am continuing acupressure, exercises and perhaps osteopathy to keep it that way.
I've managed to get my muscle relaxation up to 100% a few months ago, training that more and more per day. I'm also doing more autogenic training anyway as well.
And in that position I don't want to fog the pains over - if that's what cannabis does - I want to know where they are and then do something about them.
My main issue now is to get my fibro-ache down enough to be able to work again. I'm not sure if cryo & breathing & increasing muscle exercises will be enough for that, altho it helps me quite a bit at the mo. Can cannabis help there?
And thanks *very much, Rummy, for the info about heart problems! What I gather from the text concerning me is that there is concern about interaction with blood thinners and statins, of which I have to take a pretty high dosage due to severe dyslipidemia. Also that THC heightens blood pressure and heart rate, which wouldn't be what I need at all, whilst CBD lowers it, which I would. Of course I wouldn't want to smoke it or vape it, but I'm not sure if the article is saying that this is an additional problem or the ones spoken about above. Have to read more on that, I spose, and wait for new research results.
My pain doc wants to spray it into my mouth (or let me do that, not sure what): anyone know what that means?

I tried CBD oil on it's own and it wasn't very effective for me. Unfortunately I live somewhere that medical cannabis is not an option but I do hope that changes!

Yes. I have been taking CBD oil for just over 3 months I have psoriatic and Fibromyalgia, my psoriasis is clear ,and I feel so much better with my fibromyalgia, i can tell if I miss a day I taking my CBD oil, it has been life changing, I get mine from Hickory Hollow Hemp. They have an online store, don’t skimp and buy cheap cbd oil, Hickory Hollow Hemp have great oils and creams! You will be happy !

Bad night, then increasingly bad day - CBD couldn't be the reason, could it?
My acupressurist tried something new yesterday, meridian activation, my skin and back went continually worse, thought the night would get difficult, so I took 3 drops of my new high quality 10% CBD oil after taking 2 the evening before (1 = 3mg), which didn't help sleep at all. This night was much worse than I expected (2 cold showers helped against the pains, but not at all for sleep this time), the day started OK with exercises and a bit of work, a video music tech lesson, but from midday on is increasingly awful too (the breathing exercise has helped The Ache, but I can't find anything against the splitting headache, blood pressure is normal). But that can't be the CBD, even in an hypersensitive body like mine, can it? Hours later I've got the headache down using trigger points. So what do I do now? I'm taking 3 drops of CBD again, let's see.... o_O

Betting on taking the CBD oil, like you'd've done, was the right decision! *beam* So it was just the meridian activation.
I slept almost 10 hours, really! slept!, excluding the usual 6 pee-breaks (drank more/in the evening, cos of the headache). Then dozed another 3x15 mins (never nap during the day). Doesn't mean I'm well-rested (isn't there a better word for that?), of course: are we ever? Not in my new life! But I feel good, my eyes are fairly open, a cold shower will bring me to life. Looking forward to table tennis, hopefully lower blood fat results and my sweetest of grand-daughters.

Still on 3x3mg in the evenings. Sleep ist quite OK, long & only 6 short breaks. But I'm still tired in the day, I haven't got my usual energy, or is that the cold weather?, and my focal (= small) seizures are going up. I know cannabis is used against seizures, but if I get another 2 seizures in the next week, that's it (my wife commented on this: well, it's nothing new that you're a medical wonder...). Then maybe that could be interaction with my statins, altho I've been able to dose them down a bit now, because the LDL-cholesterol's gone down a lot. On the other hand my pains and the Ache are staying pretty well down just thru more frequent and early enough legs up, breathing & cold showering; maybe CBD is helping in there... so I'm unsure.

Last edited:
I care about an old woman who has diagnosis fibroma of the lungs, I want to help her somehow to keep breathing better, I have heard a lot about the benefits of cannabis and CBD oil as a product of it, I am looking now for the market place to buy and for the information of doses

Hi Jado,

It's hard to know how to help with this. Advertising or posting an outside link is not permitted on this site, so no one can directly send you to a place to get these things. My understanding is that cannabis is still regretfully illegal in the UK....correct me if I am wrong. So bringing it in is going to be tricky, it cannot be shipped to you, and I don't think we can help with how you can get it or where.

Also, as I stated in my other response to you, smoking or vaping is a very bad idea, as it's damaging to the lungs even in a person whose lungs are not already compromised. If you can somehow get hold of it, I recommend tincture and/or edibles. Smoking or vaping will only exacerbate the problem in her lungs.

CBD oil is easier to get, but I don't know how it would help with lungs. Maybe there's a way it could? I don't know. You could google it and see if there's any info on that. I use medical cannabis and CBD in tandem, but I also use a salve that is only CBD which has been surprisingly helpful with pain areas like my back and hands when I rub it in the painful area. I don't know if you can get it where you are. But if you could, maybe try rubbing it on her throat?

Sorry, don't have anything more to offer. I have never heard of fibromyalgia of the lungs.

Hi Jado,

It's hard to know how to help with this. Advertising or posting an outside link is not permitted on this site, so no one can directly send you to a place to get these things. My understanding is that cannabis is still regretfully illegal in the UK....correct me if I am wrong. So bringing it in is going to be tricky, it cannot be shipped to you, and I don't think we can help with how you can get it or where.

Also, as I stated in my other response to you, smoking or vaping is a very bad idea, as it's damaging to the lungs even in a person whose lungs are not already compromised. If you can somehow get hold of it, I recommend tincture and/or edibles. Smoking or vaping will only exacerbate the problem in her lungs.

CBD oil is easier to get, but I don't know how it would help with lungs. Maybe there's a way it could? I don't know. You could google it and see if there's any info on that. I use medical cannabis and CBD in tandem, but I also use a salve that is only CBD which has been surprisingly helpful with pain areas like my back and hands when I rub it in the painful area. I don't know if you can get it where you are. But if you could, maybe try rubbing it on her throat?

Sorry, don't have anything more to offer. I have never heard of fibromyalgia of the lungs.
Dear @sunkacola, I appreciate your respond, thank you very much, I know smoking is not good but she is too stubborn to accept it and too old probably, I love her anyway she is a very nice lady, it is already good she has lost a habit of smoking classic cigarettes

Hi! I know "Blue". I tried it and it actually helped me sleep very well. Try taking it about 1-2 hours before bedtime. It also depends on what dosage you are. Start small and increase your dose every 2-3 days.

fibroma of the lungs
Hi Jado, perhaps you've mistaken fibromyalgia for fibroma... ?
A Fibro-ma is a "fibre-tumour", a benign tumor of the connective tissue ('fibre').
Fibro-my-algia is "fibre-muscle-pain", part of what we here are facing, which can involve breathing and the rib cage, but probably not the lungs.
And: Fibro-sis means "fibre-inflammation", pulmonary fibrosis means inflammation of lung-tissue.
I've read (but not much) that CBD oil can help lung cancer and COPD, as well as fibrosis, including lung fibrosis.
But also that cannabis for lung treatment is only good, if it isn't smoked or vaped. So even if she smokes something else, she shouldn't smoke cannabis. And best of course would be to reduce smoking as much as possible, and definitely not to connect it with the very wrong idea that cannabis makes smoking healthier. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back