Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everybody, l hope you're all doing better.
I started taking CBD oil daily and l've really seen some improvement.
The pain is in control. It's not gone and probably it will never go away.
The best part is that l can walk without my cain.
Now l feel better when l walk than when sitting down or in the bed.
I also ordered the Blue Oil, with some THC %. Unfortunately this isn't working for me or l might need more time to let it kick in. (One week has passed.) I was advised that using a few drops will improve my sleep. I haven't had a good, deep, relaxing sleep in months...
Anybody here have tried CBD or Blue Oil? Can you guys share your experience?

Thank you. Stay safe!

I don't know that "blue oil" is. Probably this is a brand designation, as it is certainly not used everywhere. All the different brands of oils and tinctures have their own color coding and names for them. I have never found that CBD by itself helped with my pain, but using a 1:1 ratio of CBD with a THC tincture is of great benefit to me.
You just have to work on the dosage a bit to see what works for you. Another thing to try is get two bottles...one CBD and one THC. Then you make your own dosage each time with a little bit more or less of one of them. I do that now and find it works the best because some days I need a little more THC than others.

Also, be very careful where you get your tinctures from because if you are ordering online, it is very possible that you won't get what you are paying for. Testing has shown that online distributors of these tinctures quite often are selling bottles with little or no TCH in them.
If possible, to directly to a dispensary. They are much more likely to be honest.

I don't know that "blue oil" is. Probably this is a brand designation, as it is certainly not used everywhere. All the different brands of oils and tinctures have their own color coding and names for them. I have never found that CBD by itself helped with my pain, but using a 1:1 ratio of CBD with a THC tincture is of great benefit to me.
You just have to work on the dosage a bit to see what works for you. Another thing to try is get two bottles...one CBD and one THC. Then you make your own dosage each time with a little bit more or less of one of them. I do that now and find it works the best because some days I need a little more THC than others.

Also, be very careful where you get your tinctures from because if you are ordering online, it is very possible that you won't get what you are paying for. Testing has shown that online distributors of these tinctures quite often are selling bottles with little or no TCH in them.
If possible, to directly to a dispensary. They are much more likely to be honest.
Thank you, Sunkacola.
Blue Oil has THC and CBD, 50/50. It's been prescribed for sleep. I'm from Canada and these oils are safe, from a medical provider, which here have been legalized lately.
I have ordered two separate bottles, and l'll play a bit with the quantities to adjust as per my need.
I've noticed that THC oil (Blue) is increasing my pain a few hours after l took it, and this worried me a bit.

I was also prescribed a cream, by a rheumatologist doctor, with Gabapentin, Ketoprofen and Lidocaine. Have you heard of such a stuff?
It works. All l need is to get back my sleep.
I hope to keep my pain under a level 5 or 4...

Has anyone ever got healed of Fibromyalgia or this is an irreversable disease?

Sunkacola and Roxana, how many mgs of CBD and THC are you finding helpful? I‘ve been experimenting with a higher ratio of CBD to a lower amount of THC in tincture form for about a year. I had far less pain and fewer and shorter flare ups through fall and winter last year than typical. My sleep quality has significantly improved, too. I think it could be better, though. I get migraines, too, and I find satIva flower works very well for those, and it doesn’t take a lot. I’m interested to know what an effective 1:1 dose is useful for you, and the frequency.

Ah. the 1:1 blend that you call Blue oil usually comes in a purple bottle in the brand I buy. I have found it to be tried-and-true effective, although recently I bought the CBD and THC separately so I can modify the dosages.

I very much doubt that the tincture is increasing your pain a few hours after you take it. It has no properties that could do that. Much more likely is that it relieves your pain for a few hours and then when the pain comes back you experience it in a worse fashion because you've had the relief. I find that on bad days I need to take it about once every three hours. Another thing you can do is take a dosage and then about an hour and a half or so later, eat a gummy, because the gummy takes about an hour to go through your digestive system and start working, and it will kick in when the tincture is starting to wear off.

DBG.....I usually take an equal dose of THC and CBD, most often 2.5 to 5mg each, but like you I vary it. In the daytime I use a sativa strain and at night before bed I take an indica.

I've just started my cannabis treatment, a week ago. I take only twice a day, in the morning 0.5 ml CBD oil and in the evening, 0.25 ml at ratio 1:1 CBD/THC oil.
I will probably have to increase in time these quantities, but for now l'm okay.

Sunkacola, please, you said this medicinal cannabis is not addictive. I know for sure that it's much better than the chemicals... but l knew it was also addictive.
Do you think in time, we can live pain free without the cannabis?
Are they any side effects, in terms of affecting the liver, kidneys, etc.?

Cannabis is not addictive. There is not one single scientific study that indicates that it is. If you want to believe that it is addictive, go ahead. But try to find proof of that first. You won't find it, because it's not there.

There are no harmful side effects from cannabis use. Millions of people have used it all their lives in one form or another without having any negative effects on organs or otherwise, and while smoking it is just as bad as smoking tobacco, using it in other forms is not harmful. Again, not one study indicates anything contrary to that.

Of course, anything can be over-used to the point of absurdity and if you use a great deal of cannabis all of the time it may affect your ability to function normally, but at the same time I have known and spent a great deal of time around, people who smoked weed all day long and they lived completely normal lives--worked, paid their bills, held intelligent conversations, and were no different when they had not smoked cannabis for a few days.

I am sure you can find websites or publications that make all kinds of negative claims on it. But I do not trust something that someone just decided to publish somewhere on the internet. I trust science to have the latest true information. Now, of course, that information can change as scientists learn more, but good peer-reviewed published scientific studies are the best resource for current information, and there are none that say cannabis is addictive, or harmful.

Sunakola, thank you for your helpful reply!

Roxana, cannabis can be abused and some people can develop a psychological dependency with high amounts. The amounts SunaKola describes are in the micro-dosing category. The tolerance for low levels of THC develops quickly and then will not give a head high so they are not going to cause a dependency due to that effect. (I have taken doses of only 1-2 mg of THC product in the last year, for instance, and that amount is still effective. I think pain relief and other positive effects occur without a head high.)

Like other pain relievers, cannabis and CBD do not cure whatever causes pain, so if you stop using them the pain will return if the reason for the pain still exists. Dr. June Chin, an integrative cannabis physician, said that if you feel the CBD you are taking isn't working, stop taking it for 10 days or so and see how you feel. I tried that and found that pain levels, stiffness, and other fibromyalgia symptoms crept back to what they were before. I did not experience withdrawals or anything like that.

Edible CBD and cannabis are processed by the liver so high amounts of them might affect the liver if liver function is already compromised. High CBD concentrations in some prescriptions for seizure disorders carry a warning, but from what I've read, CBD is not likely to cause harm in low doses in a healthy person. I have kidney disease and my doctor told me CBD is safe for me.

I now take 5-10 mg of CBD 3 times a week with about 1mg of THC, depending how I feel.

By the way, it's important to know that CBD comes in different concentrations, so it's helpful to know how many mgs of CBD is in the dose. (I count drops, too, because I take less than a dropperful.) For example, I have a bottle of CBD oil that has 500mg per bottle and 17mg CBD per 1 ml/dropperful. 10 drops of that is about 5mg CBD. The company sells a bottle with 1000mg CBD, and so a 1ml dropperful has 33mg CBD.

It can be confusing.

Tincture calculators are very helpful and can be found via google. (I had a link for one I use in my post but it must not have been allowed because the Mods removed it. Sorry, Mods.)

Very helpful thoughts, thank you!!!
I'm taking very small amounts of CBD oil and Blue Oil for now.
I just felt more dizzy these days and had some palpitations.
I noticed that my blood pressure is a bit high. All these worries me a bit...
I'm trying not to think about pain and other medical conditions. Just live my life day by day.

It's so good that l have you, guys, on this site!!! Please share more, it is so helpful to me.
Thank you all!!! Stay safe!!!

Having trouble with sleep anybody experience with Mirtazapine and CBD ?

I came across the book a few days ago "CBD" by Leonard Leinow. It's a great reference for dosage recommendations and talks about specific dosages for different conditions. I found it very helpful when looking for dosing instructions.

I am now giving CBD a fair try by using CBD capsules 5 mg three times a day and now on my second day I slept better and there was no sweating. Hoping to continue for at least a week and see what happens.

It is now 4 days since I started to give CBD capsules a fair try and it seems to be working well. I take CBD capsules 5mg with < 3 % THC from Apollo clinic advice three times a day and Tylenol 1000 mg at night . Sleep much better, no morning stiffness. Will continue and see if this continues to be of benefit as I hope it will. No brain fog and pain averaging 2-3/ 10

It is now 4 days since I started to give CBD capsules a fair try and it seems to be working well. I take CBD capsules 5mg with < 3 % THC from Apollo clinic advice three times a day and Tylenol 1000 mg at night . Sleep much better, no morning stiffness. Will continue and see if this continues to be of benefit as I hope it will. No brain fog and pain averaging 2-3/ 10
WOW, Cintulinki, you're from Canada?
I'm a patient of Appolo Clinic too.
They prescribed CBD oil for me, and not capsules. I believe the oil is cheaper for the quantity you can get.
CBD Oil works for me and l agree about the benefits of the Tylenol 1000 mg.
My question is, Tylenol used for long periods, does have side effects???
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back