Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Do any of you uses CBD products? I recently purchased a pain bar and tincture. I did try to pain bar and felt some relief. I have not yet tried the tincture. For those who do use the CBD products, does it bring relief? Do you have to use it daily? Does it take time for it to start working (like a few days) or does it help right away?

CBD by itself does nothing for my pain but when combined with medical cannabis it has been known to do wonders for me. Neither one works as well alone as they work when combined. Even the combination is not 100% consistent with how well it works, but I'd say 80% of the time it helps considerably.

Does the THC make you feel fuzzy or out of it at all? I want to still be able to function, drive if I need to etc. I have done some research but there is soooo much information it can be rather overwhelming to process it or figure out what will be most beneficial.

Sabrina, those were my exact concerns when I thought about trying medical cannabis. The last thing I need is to feel out of it or fuzzy. I needed to be able to go to work, drive, have my daily life. But nothing else was reducing the pain as much as I needed or wanted, so I went ahead to try it.

I went in to the dispensary and had a long talk with one of the experts there. I told him everything I experienced with fibro, and what I wanted and did not want with the medication. He was very knowledgeable and told me everything I needed to know, including the fact that, just as with other medications, you have to be your own laboratory and experiment to find out what works for you.

I started out with very tiny doses, and over the course of a few weeks I built up to the level where it took care of the pain but did not make me feel "stoned". I hit that level almost a year ago and that has been my level of dosage ever since; it's not like some medication where you have to keep taking more because it doesn't work as well any more after a while. It is consistent. And I know also that, if I am in extreme pain and I am going to bed, I can take more of it to relax me and help me sleep because if it makes me "stoned" it won't matter because I am sleeping anyway.

If you are willing to experiment with what variety to use, and how much to use relative to the dose of CBD, you may find a combination that works for you.

Thank you very much for sharing :) I had researched enough to know I need to experiment and find what will work for me. Just a whole new world for me!

I would be in trouble without CBD oil. I take a low dose every day as prescribed by my Dr. I discussed it and ordered it all through the pharmacy and it is mailed out to me . I now order online myself but if I wanted a higher dose I would need approval from my Dr.

It has really helped me a lot. I still have some pain at the trigger points if I apply pressure but now I just carry on almost like before.

Keep busy and don't give up. That's what I'm doing. Best wishes!

Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

I only use Charlotte's Web CBD and take 50 mg. in the late morning and 50 mg. at bedtime. I add some THC tincture when my pain is bad. If you add THC, try it first at bedtime and slowly increase your dose starting with 5 mg. until it is effective.

Thank you for the helpful info! Alot to learn when it comes to CBD products!

Except flare-ups, CBD oil does wonders with my situation,too. When I found my dose, I managed to fall asleep after so many years of struggling with insomnia-when I try to fall asleep and lie down to bed,two minutes later I feel so much pain all over my body and specifically my legs and arms(I 'm also diagnosed with RLS).So, I was always online scrolling all night in order to distract my mind and not thinking about the pain. With CBD oil I just managed to sleep deep and pain-free. It tastes quite weird but I don't mind because it's the only way to sleep and get rest. However, in the morning I still suffer from excruciating pain due to stiffness. I haven't managed to reduce this feeling...I was absolutely against Cbd products but with the right guidance you can find a product that suits you best along with the rest of treatment of course. I m on Lyrica and other painkillers and cbd is extra help!Give ot a shot!

Are you able to work when you take cbd? I tried it and the pain was reduced but also my emotions and I felt really weird. My head was empty. I couldn't work like that. And the oil I purchased was advertised as Amazon's choice. Perhaps it was contaminated with THC. But even when I was smoking as a teenager I didn't feel so numb. If it reduces pain I would try again. But not if it puts me in this weird state.

Celia - the CBD I was taking didnt really do anything for me, so I am researching to find something different. Its too pricey to just try a bunch of different ones LOL From what I have been reading in researching is that starting off with a VERY low dose and slowly work up is best. Like you I need to be able to work. Fibro gives me enough brain fog etc. I dont need meds to add to it. I have read alot of good results with CBD products and how tinctures are better than edibles. But right now I am back to gathering information. Wish there was a simple solution to be pain free for sure!

CBD shouldn't, by itself, make your brain foggy. But of course, different people have different reactions to anything, so it's possible. Like Sabrina, I do recommend starting with the lowest dose possible. And be warned that usually CBD alone doesn't help with pain; it needs to have a measure of THC in it to work. But in your case, Celia, you may want to look elsewhere as the THC could affect you in a way you don't want. I use the 1:1 tincture almost daily and am not affected mentally by it unless I take a large dose (which I never do).

Okay, thanks for the replies. I think I took two drops of the oil. Perhaps it interacts with antidepressants? The first time I took one drop and felt nothing. I remember THC made me less foggy but also unfocused so I don't think that's an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back