Changing health plans, how to choose new doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplelife

I need help on how to choose a new doctor. Brain fog and fatigue are my most challenging symptoms so I want to find a doctor to help with those first. What kind of doctor should I choose?

I've recently had to switch to a new health plan, Medi-Cal, which means I'm losing all my former providers at Kaiser. I was just getting started with my diagnosis so I'm not losing much, except that my coverage and choices have gone from good to terrible. So I'm basically starting from scratch.

Short of calling everyone on a list of 100s of doctors, I don't know where to begin in the selection process. The stress of dealing with this is enough to cause a fibro flare up!

Hi @simplelife and welcome!
Yeah, sounds you've found our lists of 100s of doctors :cool: So that's not the problem.
Is there any shortcut to find out which of those 100s take Medi-Cal, like can you ask Medi-Cal?
I prefer searching doc websites and reviews on the net.
That's more time consuming but much less stress and more helpful, I find.

Brain fog and fatigue are your main symptoms... I actually call brain fog "mental fatigue".

Many supps good for one are often good for the other too. Altho ALC is better for fog and L-carnitin better for fatigue. Thinking about supps too?

But which doctor can help you with those too? I don't really think any doc can, we have to do it alone.
And if at all and if I were in the US I'd try functional docs which probably aren't covered by Medi-Cal....
So again I'd be back to all the many supps I've found out for these 2 symptom areas....
At most you could ask receptionists if they have CFS or fibro patients. Although if you use our lists they will. A recent test of mine showed the list seemed reliable & good. I was just wondering how many of them actually take any insurance...

Oh, I meant I have a list of 100s of Medi-Cal doctors to look over, with very little info available online without further research for each one. Ugh! Maybe I could cross-check with the lists here? Where can I find those lists here? Frankly, I have very low expectations with Medi-Cal, but it's worth trying to find a doctor to help in some way at least.

I am definitely interested in supplements and doing what I can on my own (I don't have much choice). Thanks, I'll look into ALC. I've had noticeable improvement with Lion's Mane for my mental fatigue, but it's still not enough brain power for me to be able to work full-time and support myself financially, which is my reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back