DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Good Morning :) How is everyone doing?

Just watching how this Corona Virus has turned the world upside down so quickly, but otherwise it’s just an average day for me.

Nothing average about anything from where I sit.

Went to town today. Library closed. More empty shelves in the grocery store than shelves with anything on them. Most of the food gone. I had to spend about twice as much as I usually would for groceries, because all the on-sale and inexpensive things I always buy were all gone. There was not even any dish-washing soap. None. No soap of any kind, actually. I am glad I stocked up on a few things over a week ago but wish I'd thought of more things to get then while I still could.

I am in a state of constant low-grade anxiety, with anxiety peaks and waves throughout the day. I am not frightened of catching the plague and dying, although if I did it would be very bad for my beloved animals. I am just freaked out by everything that is happening, and how the whole world is going nuts.

I am aware that, judging by how people have behaved any time in recent history when things started to break down, people go crazy when things are abnormal and they inevitably start to do crazy and dangerous things. Not everyone, of course, but a certain percentage of the population who loot and steal and hoard and price gouge and kill and riot.

Aware also that things are extremely likely to get a lot worse before they get better. If they get better.

I am trying hard to believe that this will all be over one day and we will all remember The Year Of The Plague. But it is also undeniable that no one knows or can predict where this thing is going. Things are changing so fast, it's spreading so fast, everything could start to go sidweways fast on any day. About 16,000 new confirmed cases worldwide each day. 700- 1,000 people dying every day. Every day it is in 5 or 6 new countries. (facts received from Johns Hopkins interactive and regularly updated map on their website, which I have been watching for a few days and recording the numbers).

If you have not started stocking up on things you need, best do it now if you can. This could get really bad. Already is, actually.
So I am not doing very well, myself. Sabrina, how are you?

I am ok. Havent been feeling great but thats nothing new. Taking every thing day to day. :)

I apologize if I came off as light-hearted, or unconcerned about what is going on. Trust me, the constant state of anxiety is not helping my pain levels and I can only watch in horror at what is happening on the news. My twin has COPD, is over 60, still smokes cigarettes, is not in great health and lives in a group home situation. I’m scared for him. So no. I’m not sleeping much at night. I just meant that as I live alone and am isolated, a day at home is just a day at home for me. This has become a global catastrophe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back