Chest pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Hi Everyone. Chest pain. Let's discuss this? First off, I have been checked and my heart is good. I am assuming chest pain is common in FM? Sometimes it's crushing, sometimes shooting pains, and sometimes dull aching pain. I also have anxiety so it could be that. But I swear, it's all the time. Please share your experience with this and anything you do that helps. Many thanks.

I think anxiety and recommend tracking it alongside your emotions and anx levels to see if there is correlation.

Sometimes I have what feels like chest pain but it is actually emanating from my shoulders downwards, making it painful to draw a breath. Chiro says that when one muscle group or location is highly stressed, it will stress everything around it because of compensation.

Might be helpful to keep a little journal describing what kind of pain, when, how long, etc and see what in your life or what other pain in your body is connected with this, because you can be sure something is.

I also experience chest pain, off and on, but not constant. Have had FMI for over 20 years and had my heart checked numerous times. Mine can be very sharp, makes me gasp or just a tightness which radiates up my entire throat. I would not attribute mine to anxiety as I have had it happen when I am completely relaxed, enjoying a fun moment and no reason for any anxiety. When I get mine, I just sit quietly, keep myself calm and wait for it to pass. I would first explore anxiety as the cause for you since it is so frequent. Good luck, hope you figure it out, it's a very unpleasant symptom.

I think anxiety can play a part in it, and I also agree with sunkacola's chiropractor that it's probably muscular.
I('d) think along the lines of costochondritis and trial various according youtube exercises, stretches, acupressure, a massager, and various good gentle PTs like chiro, acupressurist, osteopath, praps acupuncturist etc. I've come to prefer self-treatment, but maybe because I've learnt to understand my body better than anyone else.

I have chest pain, also (both sides)
usually feel it the most when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep
when I was working, I would get massotherapy once a week so I could get through the work week
she had training for people with fibromyalgia & really worked my body including chest area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back