DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Hello forum participants
i have researched fibro extensively. I came across a chiropractic adjustment technique which claims to reset your nervous system. It’s a spinal adjustment at c1c2 in your neck. Has anyone tried it?

Hi Billygolf1000 - quite a few functional docs and physios say the neck is "pivotal" and an important bottleneck, so I'm not surprised. But seems overrated to me. Maybe @sunkacola's chiropractor does this. My osteopath and my acupressurist tried a lot on my neck, but not this specifically.

My chiropractor does work with those vertebrae. However, I know that he wouldn't ever claim to "reset" a person's nervous system.

I would be very wary of anything that claims to "reset your nervous system". For one thing, there is no reset button on your nervous system, and the phrase really doesn't mean anything. There is nothing that will fundamentally change how your nervous system operates and if there were you would not want to do that! It's like saying "reset your heart" or "reset your skin"..... it's not a thing.

So someone who claimed to be able to do that....I personally would steer far clear of them.

Hi @Billygolf1000, I agree with sunkacola, something you have to dig deep to find that claims to reset your NS is a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back