Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
Has anyone had trouble with statins and been prescribed Zetia. If so do you have the same issues? Does anyone have experience with cholesterol meds and which one works best for you.

I believe statins have been discussed on this forum previously. You can do a search and find those threads.

Yep, do a search, but short and to the point: I can't discern any more muscular problems with atorvastatin, but my lipidologist prefers me to do a fairly strict Mediterranean diet (which I do), so that I could go down on them again from 40mg to 20mg. Diet got my cholesterol and triglycerides OK, but genetically very high lipoprotein a is still my main problem child. o_O

I did post maybe 2 months ago? I was diagnosed with a blocked artery and was prescribed Rosuvastatin 40mg. My whole body was in spasm for some 5 days and I stopped taking at 12 days. I was the illest I have ever been in my life so had to stop them. Unfortunately, my consultant said alternatives such as tin wouldn't help me as he wanted to break down the plaque in the artery as opposed to simply recue cholesterol levels which aren't high with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back