Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1995
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
I have come to the conclusion that chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia go hand and hand and chronic fatigue is a direct result from fibro. I believe that being in constant pain, causes chronic tiredness it only makes sense. I would suggest lots of fresh air, sunshine and at least 8 hours of rest daily. I know this sounds simple but it does help. Also having chronic pain from disks and other ailments causing fatigue. I just wish that Doctors would explain this better.

That's another mystery I don't think they will manage to solve, at least not now... not during my lifetime at least. At this speed life on earth will cease to exist... before they finally find out if these two are linked for sure or what causes fibro and what can cure it. LOL, sorry, don't mean to sound so grim, but I really feel this way. Trying to stay positive tho :) I will take your advice and try my best. Today I could actually workout!

Pain is stressful on the body, whether it be physical, emotional, or as many recent studies seem to suggest FM is, neurological. The best way to deal with stress is through sleep.

For me, I believe my FM symptoms are related to a low stress threshold, and a lot of stress in my life. I've found that meditation and enough sleep helps a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chronic fatigue does seem to go right along with this. I think a lot of it is the physical and emotional impact of dealing with constant pain. That really makes you feel as if you have no real energy.

Yes, but it's possible to have chronic fatigue without fibromyalgia. My doctor told me it's because my energy levels were bankrupt upon birth due to a heart murmur, major food allergy issues, and being premature. Most people would be born with an energy bank with some energy in savings, but I was born without any energy in savings. I went into energy debt through most of my life (was sick a lot and highly athletic as a kid and teenager,) and last year I finally hit the point where my body couldn't go further into debt. I have to focus on paying off that debt so I can recover energy. He wants be to get healthy enough where I can start putting energy into savings. I didn't experience fibromyalgia until last year, but the chronic fatigue has been an issue for about 4-5 years, only it got much worse last year.

What energy debt looks like in my body is burnt out adrenal glands, many digestive organs working at about 30%, IBS, hypoglycemia, inflammation/ arthritis, and malnutrition (absorption issues.)

I think it was one of your posts Siderea that you used the energy bank analogy in communicating with your significant other. It was so spot on and really made sense! I tried to explain it to someone after that and didn't do a very good job. I need to get some savings built up because I keep going into debt with my energy bank. Still trying to figure out how to do that. You are very wise....

Well the title says it all. Our disease and fatigue go hand and hand. That is the one thing that I fight with due to the fact that I work from home and, even though I am not doing strenuous work I still get very tired due to fibro. My doctor convinced me to try adhd meds to help combat the fatigue as I am also add. I take it before work and it really does help and, there are times I have to take another around lunch to make it through my day at work. But, it does not work all the time. Somedays its just like the pain the meds just do not seem to work on the really bad days, for me.

I totally agree that when you are feeling fatigue all the time, it may be a good alarm for you to start seeing your doctor and test you for fibromyalgia. I have an aunt who has been suffering from extreme fatigue for like 5 years and she didn't pay attention to it because she thought that she was just tired from work and that she is stressed. She also got used to it after a while. Eventually, when other symptoms came out and she was ruled out for fibromyalgia, the doctor said that her ongoing feeling of fatigue was already an early sign of fibromyalgia.

It's better to be paranoid and get treatment early than be carefree and only realize something is wrong when it's already too late.

Yes, one of the symptom of this disease is fatigue. Well I guess it is a result of having chronic pain. As a nurse I would suggest that people with fibromyalgia would consider planning their day to day activities so that to minimize workload thus minimizing fatigue. It would be good to have someone assisting you always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back