Chronic pain and Fibro sufferer, new to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrigb

I have a laundry list of diagnoses, among which is Fibro and chronic pain. A lot of psychological issues as well. Recently got nerve ablations for my lower back. They take 4-6 weeks to heal and they have been hurting a whole lot. My therapist thinks I could use a support group for my pain issues, to talk to others that understand what I'm going through. I'm engaged, have a 19-year-old son who has been supporting us, though was just laid off so we're in a lot of trouble financially. Unemployment will hopefully help until he gets another position. I'm trying to get on disability myself. Fiance probably should be on disability as well as he hasn't been able to hold down a job because of pain for quite a while. His doctor thinks he might have fibro too, as well as diabetes, and has injured his hands, probably permanently. That's a very quick, brief intro I guess.

Welcome to the forum, Kerrigb. Although I am sorry you need to be here, I am glad you found us. We aim to offer understanding, sympathy when wanted, a listening ear, help and guidance when possible, and general information that helps others not to feel alone in facing this.

Whether or not you have fibromyalgia is a matter of proper diagnosis, and I hope you are able to go through the testing required for that. But we are here for you in any case. Any questions you have we will do our best to answer from our own experience, and our experiences are many and varied. Welcome, and I hope you get a lot of good from coming here.

Thank you. I actually was diagnosed with fibro years ago, it's just getting worse. Everything is getting worse. It'll be nice to talk to people who understand me.

Hi Kerrigb,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a lot. That's the thing with fibro isn't it - it tends to get worse when we are in the middle of a stressful period of our lives, which is unbelievably unhelpful!

We talk a lot here about management approaches to fibro, which always includes learning how to manage stress as well as possible. Do check out Sunkacola's pinned post at the top of the general discussion section of the forum if you haven't already - she gives great tips. I know you're a seasoned fibromite, but you never know when a new idea might make a difference.

Of course, at times, we just know that life is going to put us through the ringer, and we have to dig deep and get through it. I can't speak for the other diagnoses that you're dealing with, but I hope that you might take some comfort in knowing that when you get onto more of a steady footing, your fibromyalgia should improve too.

So many people have been laid off over the last couple of years - it's just devastating to think about. I hope you all find your way financially, and that your fiancé gets a helpful diagnosis soon. I wish you every luck, and as Sunkacola said, we're all here to talk to whenever you need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back