Chronic pain during period and ovulation...what do you do to cope??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieWolf

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
CA
State
QC
Hi everyone!
this is my first time here and I am feeling with a mega flare up. I’ve had fribro for several years now and got diagnosed in Jan 2018. But the last year everything got worst. Especially during period or ovulation time. The only place where I get relief is in the bath. Anybody as some other tricks to cope with the chronic pain?
marie

Ovulation is my worse time! Youre the first person other than me and the women in my family who I have heard that. This month is particularly hard. Ive been so tired and achy I feel like Im recovering from a flu. I also get really nauseas at ovulation and right after my period.

I dont really know how I cope. I try to take it easy and let myself relax for a few days. This is usually the time I literally just stay in bed and sleep a lot because its only a few days a month but I work on my own schedule so thats easy for me to say.

I use a heating pad for pain but it doesnt always help. I have one on my tummy now cuz it feels like someone smashed my ribs with a bat.

I hear hormonal shifts can be hard for women with fibro because our bodies are so sensitive that we feel every little effect and reaction. I find that less stressful months will leas to easier cycles down the road. So say I am really stressed or I overwork myself two weeks before my ovulation, its going to start throwing things off balance from the beginning. Or stressing around ovulation can actually make you skip it and then the hormones get out of balance. Find a way to keep your hormones as balanced as possible because its a domino effect that can last for months. Overall long term self care will help in the long run. It might not ever be 100% normal like women who dont have fibro but the symptoms are less. I remember times in past where i had virtually no PMS and my ovulation wasnt too bad. Those were stress free, happy times in my life where I was eating really healthy and staying more active.

My best advice for how to cope, no matter what aspect of FM you are talking about, is in a post that is pinned at the top of the General forum.
It's long, but it is full of information on all the things that I know have helped me and others.

Don't think you have to do them all at once, just start trying some of them. The better your overall health is, the better able you will be to cope with everything that fibromyalgia throws at you, no matter what or when. I am glad you are here, as this is a good forum full of people who want to help. And remember you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back