Chronic pain feel tired im exhausted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollie34

Hello dear friends,
So I am in constant neck back pain along with elbows wrists knees ankles and toes.
They performed an Mri on my spine and these results came:
Findings

Cervical Spine
There is loss of the cervical lordosis.
At the C5-C6 level there is a left central disk protrusion with abutting of the cord.

Thoracic Spine
At the T6-T7 and T7-T8 levels there are tiny disk bulges with minimal abutting of the cord at these levels.

Lumbar Spine
At the L4-L5 level there is narrowing of the lumbosacral canal due to hypertrophy of the yellow ligaments with a small disk bulge causing abutting of the thecal sac and nerve roots at this level.

The doctor said I have nothing in my back but my gut feeling tells me otherwise.
Anybody familiar with these kind of reading please?
Im desperate and in chronic pain. Also I have fibromyalgia but I cannot shake the feeling off that those readings are bad
Thankyou xx

Hi, and i am sorry you are in such pain.
I, too, have problems with my neck (cervical spine) and lumbar spine... altho a bit different from yours.

from what I see in that report, you do have some disk issues, altho from the wording, they do not appear to be severe. (but we all know having FM can make things feel worse than the doctors think they are)

I would suggest getting a 2nd opinion if that is possible for you. Have them explain to you exactly what that report is saying, and what it can mean for you.

If you can, please try not to stress too much about it. Stress makes pain worse. Stress causes muscle tension, muscle tension leads to more pain.

Hope you can find some relief, and answers, soon

The doctor said I have nothing in my back but my gut feeling tells me otherwise.
Well, I don't know what your doctor meant by that. Those test results show that you have problems in your back, and any one of them, or all of them, is probably causing you pain.

What I would do.....and I am not you, so this isn't really advice but just an idea.....is I would get my back X-rayed if possible, or at least get a copy of the results of the MRI, and take it to a really good chiropractor if you can good one. Not just any chiro, but one that is skilled, very experienced, and people recommend. If You can find a good one, they can help. I have an anomaly in my spine and some other problems in my back, and while my chiropractor cannot cure any of it, of course, he does help me greatly with the pain.

I wish you good luck.

Hi Hollie - firstly I second @cookiebaker on this one. I'm pretty sure a 2nd opinion won't say anything different, but as you're worried, I'd get one all the same. Perhaps you can try to put a bit of flesh on your gut feeling.
In comparison I've always had tons of severe back problems, long before fibro, and loads of small observations like yours can't explain that amount at all. I've needed plane shoes, a hard mattress and 10' of back exercise every day. My first 'fibro'-MRI showed a tumour in my spine. A head one years before revealed cortex in my speech centre as the reason for my focal seizures. None of this has anything to do with fibro, except that my back problems as local pains were an additional problem whilst I got all my local pains down. So...
... I secondly second @sunkacola's idea of going to a good gentle physical therapist, like chiropractor or one of the many other types. Doctors very often can't see or prove what is causing our pain, so I doubt they'll ever explain it to you or show you what to do apart from doing as said going to a physical therapist. As always, I wouldn't see it as part of fibro, but contributing to it, and I'd see it "just" as a very debilitating back problem.

I managed to find an excellent doctor in the Physical Medicine department of our clinic (very large clinic with many specialties) He is a DO, not MD... and he has taken the time to show me the images, point out the various issues in my back & neck, and explain to me what it all means in terms i can understand clearly. He is an absolute gem.
I know it can be very difficult to find a doctor like this (took me nearly 2 years of hard looking), but they are out there. Don't give up hope.

I'm a patient, not a doctor but just wanted to tell you that a physiatrist can be a good choice of a doctor to read your findings and explain them to you or a good pain management doctor. I have found the pain doctor to be my best doctor to treat my painful areas. I've gotten steroid injections that can provide relief for a good amount of time and I even had radiofrequency ablation on my left lower back which has provided tremendous relief. Either way, as the others also told you, another opinion could be very helpful. As far as fibro goes you could also see a rheumatologist although they don't always help all that much but look for recommendations. Good luck and hope you feel better. hugs...

had radio-frequency ablation on my left lower back which has provided tremendous relief.
just had my second go around with RF ablation on the right side of my lumbar back less than 2 weeks ago... 1st time around, had both sides done, and cortisone shot in the right SI joint... this time only the right side needed doing. hope it lasts a bit longer this time.. altho 9 months is not bad by any means.

Finding the right doctor for you is the key, regardless of specialty or just a GP... One that actually listens to your concerns and answers your questions clearly. It can be a bit of a struggle to find that one that just clicks with you, but there are good ones out there

For me it's been close to impossible to find a physical therapist that doesn't cause me lingering pain after a session. In fact, two of my doctors (rheumatologist and knee orthopedist) told me to keep away from PT. I am keeping away but with an eye open if I could possibly find one that could help and start super slow. Meanwhile, I do stretches at home and walk when I can. (Still planning on using the heated pool at my fitness/wellness center too.)

told me to keep away from PT. I am keeping away but with an eye open if I could possibly find one that could help and start super slow.
You might like to try searching for osteopathy, acupressure, myofascial release near you. Those should all be ones that listen to your body and your feedback. Some chiropractors too, I'd go by word of mouth with that one, like @sunkacola recommends. I'm wondering if your knee orthopedist really doesn't know anyone gentle. Or could you ask any functional docs or naturopaths for recommendations, they should know these PT-"alternatives" better?

I have the same issues with my back L2 and down. Narrowing and disk buldges also. I tried the spinal block to see the back ablation would work but the blocks didn’t help.
I have arthritis in both hips, the fibromyalgia and CFS makes things worse.
I’m going to see if I can get my hands x ray to see if I have psoriatic arthritis, since I have psoriasis and hand pain. I’m in pain every day, I’m so miserable and depressed.
I hope you get better soon

I know how you feel.im the same everyday and night.exausted pains everywhere and no energy.i used to buy the CBD oil online at Holland and barrett.it really helped.i used it for months.i felt like 17 again.im definitely going start buying it again

I’m going to see if I can get my hands x ray to see if I have psoriatic arthritis, since I have psoriasis and hand pain.
that was one of my concerns as well, since psoriasis runs in the family - mom had it, her dad had it, and so on

but after loads of testing and xrays, and even an MRI on one hand, i was told i did not have psoriatic, or rheumatoid arthritis.. there was a breif thought of erosive osteoarthritis, but the MRI cleared that up - so, just plain osteoarthritis.. which is bad enough..

CBD oil online at Holland and barret. i felt like 17 again.im definitely going start buying it again
Hi Bubbles and welcome! 👋 Good to hear CBD oil helped you. Back to 17, wow!

Just 10 years back would be fine by me.... (I was fitter then than ever before actually...) 😼
Unfortunately 1 drop of CBD oil puts me 20 years forward...
Got lots that helps a bit, but yet to find the sweet 17 solution.... :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back