Not open for further replies.

rusty22

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Pain that lasts longer than six months. Chronic pain can be mild or excruciating, episodic or continuous, merely inconvenient or totally incapacitating.

Symptoms of Chronic Pain

The symptoms of chronic pain include:

• Mild to severe pain that does not go away
• Pain that may be described as shooting, burning, aching, or electrical
• Feeling of discomfort, soreness, tightness, or stiffness

Pain is not a symptom that exists alone. Other problems associated with pain include:

• Fatigue
• Sleeplessness
• Withdrawal from activity and increased need to rest
• Weakened immune system

I have all those symptoms---constant but it can be bad or not so bad. My hips never stop aching and I can't sit, I can't stand, I can't walk farther than my truck. Vicodin just dulls the pain but it never goes away. Sjogrens is my disease of choice:( I wish I did have a choice!

I also have an interesting little thing called neuropathy in my left lower leg. It is so stupid, never goes away but I take gabapentin for it. It comes and goes and sometimes because I cannot feel my foot when it touches the pavement, I feel dizzy and unsure of my balance, etc. Does anyone else else ask, "Why me?"

Ice packs might help decrease inflammation and numb muscle and joint pain, but a majority of people choose moist heat to help ease pains and aches. Others find a very good remedy from a mixture of both. Stick to these simple suggestions: Use ice -- never heat -- in the first 48 hours after a trauma, and ensure not to place an ice pack directly on your skin layer (use a paper towel or cotton lining). After the first 48 hours, use heat or alternate heat with cold.

My chronic back pain was even worse when I was overweight, now that I'm on the leaner side things have improved greatly :) I still get it from time to time, but doesn't last so long, and it's not as strong as it used to be. I think I've been kinda lucky so far. I've other health problems to worry about now tho :( I guess you can't have it all, can we? Ah, well... I try to be positive and tell myself that things could be much worse than they're now :D

I also have an interesting little thing called neuropathy in my left lower leg. It is so stupid, never goes away but I take gabapentin for it. It comes and goes and sometimes because I cannot feel my foot when it touches the pavement, I feel dizzy and unsure of my balance, etc. Does anyone else else ask, "Why me?"

:-( You're having to deal with so much, cinderr... I'm sorry that it's like this for you. :( I have a friend with severe neuropathy in her legs and feet. It's not diabetic neuropathy and the pain is always constant. She's described it the same way you have described it here.

I hope you'll be able to find something that will help... and soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back