Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
PA
What are you doing to help ease your Chronic pain? Help!

Hi Misslee. Here are the things that help me...
Exercise: swimming is best, but walking is good too. I take it easy and listen to my body. When I start getting tired or achy at work a short walk usually helps me feel better. I am really cautious about anarobic activities because I can only tolerate it for a short time
Rest: I try to rest when I feel tired. It makes a big difference. I usually only need 15 to 20 minutes to recharge
Heat: hot pad, time in the hot tub, the sauna or baths with Epson salts
Sleep: when I sleep well I have less pain
Medications: cyclobenzaprine works great for me, also take trazodone to help me sleep and Zoloft in the morning
Diet: most of my diet is simple, homemade whole foods and I limit added sugars, drink lots of water
Stress Reduction: easier said than done right? I remind myself to breathe from my diaphragm a dozen times a day, stretching and yoga are good too,
Avoid doing things that hurt: My pain is in my hands, so I needed to find ways to work around using them as much as I used to.

I hope this helps give you some ideas to try. I am sending you good thoughts and prayers - I hope you feel better soon!

try Tapping exercises. you can find out how to do this on the internet. helps me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back