Reason
Other
Diagnosis
09/2019
Country
US
State
CA
Hello my name is Sylvia and I’m new to this forum. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year around this time. Does anyone else suffer from serious UTI’s because of this??? Feeling lost or misdiagnosed

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Hi Sylvia,
I've never heard of chronic UTIs being associated with fibromyalgia. I suggest you see a urologist to find out what is going on, because chronic infections of this kind can cause permanent kidney damage.

Sylvia562

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
09/2019
Country
US
State
CA
Thank you Sunkacola, I’ve been seeing a Urologist and he didn’t find anything wrong. As a matter of fact I’m seeing him again on Friday. I will ask for further testing. Thank you

JayCS

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Hmm, I don't understand: If you have UTIs, he must have found something, or not? Or do you mean bladder pain? That's something different, and quite a few 'fibromites' have it. I have pain before peeing and have to go often, but neither my urologist nor my nephrologist has found anything, which means it's a muscle problem.
In case you're interested: I'm managing to decrease the pain by sitting bent strongly forward. And the frequency a lot by drinking only soy drink and only little watery stuff, and a little by not drinking quite as much, which the nephrologist said is OK. My dryness has got better after a treatment from my acupressurist.

Sylvia562

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
09/2019
Country
US
State
CA
Thank you for your reply. I will see what my Urologist can help me tomorrow when I go back in. It’s constant UTIs unfortunately. I’m glad you’re better. I’m going to schedule with an acupuncturist today.

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
If you really have chronic infection, something is causing that. Consider changing what you wear, what you eat, the soap you use, etc. and see if you can find out what is giving you these infections. there's usually a way to prevent it. You just have to find what that is.

Sylvia562

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
09/2019
Country
US
State
CA
I totally agree. I’m making a list of new changes to do for this. Thank you