Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Does anybody else experience a dry throat, loss of voice and a dry cough like something is caught in your throat? I've had this for a while and I'm wondering if it is a part of my fibromylagia.

I am thinking that it may be part of the fibromyalgia. I also have a lot of phlegm and need to clear my throat all the time. It is embarrassing at times. It may also be that we fibro people are more prone to allergies etc. I went to an allergy doctor for this throat clearing thing and he said I had mild asthma due to allergies etc. I also had food testing and dust mite and mold tests done. I had no food allergies but was allergic to mold spores. So maybe you have allergies like I have. I was told to take a mild antihistamine which I do when It gets too bad.

I don't think it is, unless it's concentrated in that part of the body. Maybe you just have a cold/flu that needs to be treated? You don't need to be alarmed about every single symptom.

I never noticed any throat issues... but then, I am in the habbit of drinking tea with lemon throughout most of the day. I'm just a bit addicted to tea. :) But I've been prone to strep and other viruses that affect the throat most of my life. Also, your sinuses could just be draining a lot without knowing it. Try addressing allergies to see if that helps it calm down.

I'm thinking that what you described sounds like more of a sinus or allergy problem. I usually have the same and those are the things that are usually the reason. Sinus drainage mostly in my case.

If you still experience it, go to a doctor and you will be diagnosed easily by him/her.

I really think you should see a doctor, an otolaryngologist, because your symptoms don't sound more like you have a serious issue with your vocal cords and larynx. You should really get one of those tests that help to diagnose all sorts of larynx issues. Because it truly sounds like you have something apart from fibro. Please go see a doctor, ignoring symptoms is never a good idea :( I wish people stopped blaming every unusual symptom they get on fibro.

This probably isn't from fibromyalgia. You may have caught a flu or something worse, I suppose. There is only one way of finding out : go to the doctor.

Thanks everyone, Im so glad I found this site.

The voice loss can be caused by so many conditions! You should check a doctor instead.

Yes, go see a doctor. My mom has fibro and does not have issues with her throat like you described.

Nobody has experienced problems with their throat. It must be something else.

Sorry to take so long in answering your post. My experience has been sinus problems that cause a dry cough and phlgem that drains down my throat. It can cause a sore throat at times and even loss of voice. Try using allergy medication like Claritin or migraine medications which help clear your nasal passages. There are also rinses you can use that you put in your nose and it drains down the back of your throat, and clears out the sinus passages.

It would still be a good idea to get it check out by your doctor as he might have a better medication for you to try, and he can be sure that is what the problem is.

It is very important to remember not every symptom or illness, is caused by fibromyalgia. You can get other health problems that have nothing to do with fibro. Good luck and hope you feel better soon. :)

But it is not related to fibromyalgia. Hopefully, it was just a cold and you are better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back