DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
EU
State
Earth
Hi,

Me again, with another topic to see whether I am alone in this or not.

I've always had trouble with finding clothes and shoes. Not only because I have a difficult body shape and painful feet, but also because most clothes + textiles and shoes annoy the hell out of me. This has gotten worse over the years, and I believe fibro is not helping it either. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I can't stand to feel restricted by clothes, my skin starts to crawl, so I always buy clothing that is 3 times my actual size (including underwear) I also cannot stand many materials - anything that is not soft and smooth is out of the question. And I hate trousers/jeans/skirts that have zippers and buttons. Elastic waistbands are my only option. (and what a nightmare it is to find fashionable clothes!)

The years I worked, it was very hard for me to find comfortable office clothing. Now that I am home, it is sweatpants and sneakers all the way!

Sad thing is that I love fashion, I love design. I go into stores, love looking at new collections and latest trends, but cannot take part in it. I can't even buy the latest sports clothing - they are all so tight and the materials so fake. With so much going against me, it is yet another 'loss' I have to accept.

I can relate to this a bit, I wear 'normal' work clothes through the week & jeans at the weekend but after dinner I can't wait to get a hot bath cos I'm always cold & sore & get into my pyjamas to watch tv. Fibro seems to rob us of something else every day!

I always dressed in very smart or pretty high fashioned clothing..and i adored my high heeled boots and gorgeous leather bags...move on 7 years and im like Vicky..soft fabrics nothing too tight...for several years i even cut the straps off my bra to stop my shoulders hurting more...lol and im only 126 lbs so wasnt the size of me..its just like Vicky everything rubs, makes me sore or adds to discomfort.

Then i found like a soft pull on bra thingy so at least my chest was back in the right place!! AS for carrying a bag ( purse in USA) that got replaced with a tiny zip purse ( wallet) just large enough for credit card and a little money.

Even my footwear is now all thick soled flats for comfort and up half a size to give my feet more space. I try to buy stylish too but its not what i would choose!

I sometimes look in my wardrobe at all the gorgeous clothes and footwear staring back at me knowing i probably wont wear any of it ever again..yet i still cant bear to part with it all as its like the last pieces of the real me are hanging in the closet! LOL

Who is this woman staring back at me in her pjs and comfy slippers most of the time!

Its hit and miss in the fashion world. Have you looked into weekend clothing company? I use to be in sales with them. I cant work anymore so my budget is limited, so......I buy walmart. Hanes sweatshirts, and pull on cotton pants, the are like workout clothing but I wear them day and night. On a good day I can wear my Good Jeans.....lol.
I also love fashion. I WAS a model for Sears in my pre teens. I would LOVE to get a Job, but my pain wont allow me, and my Memory is terrible. Also green tree shirts, if you like camo. Hope I helped a bit.

Oh wow Moe a child model....thats so cute....on a good note its nice to hear a little about our prefibro years ..i love hearing about the good stuff in peoples lives and past and present..lol does that make me nosy!!

After a while on here you kind of form a mental picture of people from what you read...we could have a section about us pre fibro..i guess thats too personal for a forum ....lol i need to get out more ...but that's not happening any time soon!

Yes, My Mom and Dad had me in all kinds of things pre teens, Horseback lessons, Danceing lessons at Art linkletters Dance Studio. I was in (one) live performanc, tap wnd Modern Dance. Also Had weekly drives to Hollywood for auditions for T.V. Just before my Mom and Dad divorced, Take 3 productions wanted me for "the Brady bunch". Its all so funny to think about now. I was very lucky to have parents that could afford to do all the work put into me. Iv3 thought more than once, "what could have been, had they stayed together. DIVORCE is so ugly. But it made me hardheaded. I will be going on 40 yr Anniversary. It would be fun to read other peoples Fun Childhood memories.

Maybe we should start a thread under smile moments or hobbies..lol i cant remember the sections without looking!

Not sure many people look at the non fibro related topics too much.

Sorry your parents divorced and it changed your future.....sounds like you had a real talent!

Yep, My family came to The U.S. From Scottland. Dads journey Began with$ 200.00 in his pocket. Ill never forget His stories about hw the Stewardess asked him if He would like 3 eggs, Dad said "I can have THREE??" He could only get into the U.S. if he had a certian amount of money, $300.00 was alot of Money then. Ok Ill get off Memory lane. ����

haha so really you are half British! Memory Lane is good!! Friendship here can also cheer us up:)

SCOTTISH / IRISH
ID LOVE To go to Scottland some day. My Mom and Dad kept their accsent, they are both gone now, I sure miss them both. ������

I can definitely relate. No more sexy shoes or heels for me. Feet hurt. Who says women need to wear a bra? Hurts my shoulders so I go without. Lucky for me my chest is small.:lol: The constant breaking out in a sweat means loose clothing that is made of a breathable fabric. I need more control on my comfort than I need to make a fashion statement besides I hardly leave the house anyway.

I'm not overly skinny,grins.see I got away with saying the f word.but I find it hard buying anything that looks nice in my size.
Here in the uk,if your not size 8 to 16 forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back