Clothing sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

JukeGen

Hey! I have always been irritated by clothing and tags so I try to buy soft cotton clothing and cut the tags out of most things which really helps incase anyone is struggling with that. Also for the past few months my weight has been fluctuating massively during each day which is horrible but I can deal with it when I'm at home (I live in my pjs) but I've recently started college again so I needed clothes to wear outside 😅 I have found over the bump maternity leggings are a lifesaver!! Leggings are great because of the waistband anyway, you don't have uncomfortable zips/buttons/seams rubbing your skin the wrong way but over the bump maternity ones are so good for when your weight changes 50 times a day because they expand and decrease with your belly instead of becoming more restrictive like normal clothes. Really hope this helps someone as much as it helped me!!

Hi JukeGen,

Welcome to the forum 🌻 and thanks for the info!

Reading your post, I was wondering - so you know what's causing your weight fluctuations? I guess it could be medication related, or maybe it's worth doing an elimination diet to see if you've got a food sensitivity? If it's edema - water weight coming and going - you might find the supplement boswellia helpful. I was having that daily in my legs and it was a game changer for me!

Hey Jemima,
I don't think it is medication related, they have recently changed me from amitriptyline to nortriptyline and I have had this problem for a longer time but also not as long as I have been on my other medications like sertraline. I wouldn't even know where to begin with an elimination diet. I did switch from white grains to wholegrain like brown rice but didn't notice much of a difference so I switched back to white because it's quicker to cook tbh 😅 I have never heard of Boswellia, I'll have to look into that. Currently I take vit c, vit b complex, turmeric and black pepper, omega 3, vit d3 and adrenal support. Mostly from recommendations from the book 'The Fibro Manual'

OMG, Tags drive me INSANE as well as large seams...especially in socks by the toes. I have started eliminating some foods and I was very surprised the grapes were a big factor in my bloating and constantly changing how my pants fit. GRAPES.... I love them frozen, it was like a little healthy treat :-( I

Oh wow! I would never think of fruit and veg as a culprit for bloating! I guess you'll have to replace them with a healthy glass of wine instead ;)

Oh wow! I would never think of fruit and veg as a culprit for bloating! I guess you'll have to replace them with a healthy glass of wine instead ;)
LOL... any form of alcohol gives me an instant migraine. SO sad really....I love Samuel Adams Octoberfest and here we are a day away from October. People probably catch me gazing at the beer in the supermarket with wishful eyes.

I have always cut the tags off my clothes before I wear them. How the manufacturers expect people to be willing to have those awful scratchy tags right there at their necks or waists if beyond me.

It's great to hear (but it really isn't) that someone else suffers with similar stuff (i've said this before) I live in shorts & t-shirts all the time. My legs seem particularly sensitive, but like others, tags, zips & buttons all do me head in. I bought 15 pairs (3x5 pairs all different) Two sets arent too bad, but the seams on the toes of the third are unbearable, so they'll be given away.

Now all I have to do is wash the other 10 pairs until they've got that used rough feel.. that new slidey horrible feeling is also a pain maker.

I have an associate......I do not know if she has Fibro or not, but she at the least has something similar.......who always wears the most comfortable looking clothes. She told me once that the test for any new piece of clothing is how comfortable it is. One time she said "If I can't fall asleep in it, I don't wear it".
I am fortunate that I don't have that need most of the time. But, every evening when I know I won't have to go out again, I change into very soft and comfortable clothing and it is always somewhat of a relief. :)

I have an associate......I do not know if she has Fibro or not, but she at the least has something similar.......who always wears the most comfortable looking clothes. She told me once that the test for any new piece of clothing is how comfortable it is. One time she said "If I can't fall asleep in it, I don't wear it".
I am fortunate that I don't have that need most of the time. But, every evening when I know I won't have to go out again, I change into very soft and comfortable clothing and it is always somewhat of a relief. :)
I am guilty of getting my comfy jammies on the second I get home from work. I need to find some comfy walking clothes though so maybe it will motivate me to atleast walk on my treadmill instead l just lay around in my pajamas

I am guilty of getting my comfy jammies on the second I get home from work. I need to find some comfy walking clothes though so maybe it will motivate me to atleast walk on my treadmill instead l just lay around in my pajamas
Whatever motivates you, go for it!
Because lying around a lot is the worst thing for fibromyalgia. You need to make sure you move your body in a way that stretches and/or exercises it several times a day even if you don't do actual "exercise". If you can do any actual exercise, like the treadmill, do it! Even if it is only 5 minutes...do it...and then tell yourself you have done a great job and try for 6 minutes the next day. You may be surprised how much better you will feel.

I started like that with Yin Yoga every morning, worked my way up and now I have to do half an hour every morning to be able to feel semi human. Just need to get into the habit of doing it before bed as well but I'm so tired it's hard to be motivated. Sometimes do quick calf stretches but I really need to do my whole body.

I can't sit for very long, don't know why but I prefer to keep busy. If I'm not in the garden I'm in the kitchen with alot of breaks. I feel better moving or maybe it's keeping busy. I'm only using Rick Simpson Oil and sticking with the right foods for me. I still have occasional flares and some hard nights.
The last one was killer, couldn't walk. The fibro hit ontop of my neuropathy.
Hang in there all
gentle hugs

Hi JukeGen,
I have a skin sensitivity, especially my legs and I love love my pjs! I've found that my clothes have to be soft and that worn feeling and if not it has to be a size bigger so it doesn't lay against my skin. Socks, its not so much the toes but the elastic at my ankle that bothers me so much. Dern Fibro keeps our bodies in a constant state of sensitivity!

Yeah, I like to get loose baggy tops too and I'm the exact same with socks! My brother got me some which didn't have the elastic at the top and they were brilliant. If you search for gentle grip socks or diabetic socks on Google you'll find them :) they're so much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back