Clothing sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, come to think of it, I'm hard pressed to think of any strong points I have left now,
or indeed, even if I ever had any lol.

In fact, come to think of it, I'm hard pressed to think of any strong points I have left now,
or indeed, even if I ever had any lol.
Your compassionate posts here on the forum show me some great strong points, Rainbow. Don't let yourself fall into negative self talk - you are so much more valuable than that! You're a warrior for dealing with everything you do, and you don't need to be perfect, or even close to perfect, to still qualify as kicking ass ;)

Bless you & Thank you Jemima,
I've never thought of myself as qualifying as 'kicking arse'
& can't say I'm entirely confident about standing on one leg, as it's often a struggle to stand on two but am willing to give it a go!

I wonder if anyone else is as prone to losing things as I am?

I've reached the point where this weekend I assigned a small notebook to keep track of what is missing at any given time,
so when I find them, or rather IF I find them, I can tick them off.
Otherwise, I'll forget what I need to find.

Right now, as of Saturday just gone, the list comprises of...

My kitchen reading specs:
which I keep to hand in there for reading microwave instructions etc.
I'd starve without the microwave, my frying pan & the tin opener,
though am proper struggling with the latter nowadays & homeless son is increasingly having to come to the rescue.

My back bra:
I have 2 of these that I use on a daily basis & rotate them
One has been washed & is still drying & the other has gone awol.
Thus I've had to resort to a stretchy thing & I am not comfy to say the least.

Two Star Wars Light Sabres:
These are long things that light up & flash which two of my grandchildren got for Christmas as they stay here with me regularly
& you'd figure these should be difficult to lose but I have
and grandchildren are very unimpressed with me.

Sadly, despite searching constantly, none of these have been found/ticked-off yet.

Hehe, a year ago I had a bad patch where I lost important stuff like mobile, PDA & bank card 3-4x. This was fog combined with new routines - esp. commuting despite pain & fatigue; luckily I got them back inside of 10 days: people here are basically 'good'. Pre-fibro I'd already had problems forgetting & losing, due to wanting to do so much, incl. multi-tasking quite a bit, so generally focus on all kinds of preventative techniques.

Actually I may be a great 'loser' (as my wife likes to nag), or was, but I'm also a great 'sorter' and 'finder' (as she hastens to add), whether paperwork or flat. Also it serves me well that I've worked out over the decades there's 4 ways of finding things again, but the most important, 70-80% successful is: It is where I think it is, only slightly displaced or covered by something. The other day my wife lost something very important, and after trying some easy & quick other bets I returned to that technique, she told me where she thought it was, I focused on the cubic yard surrounding this and lo, tapped everything there pretty blindly and behold it was about 8'' away from where she'd thought: In the pocket of a coat she hadn't worn for quite some time... I needed 4 minutes for that complete process.

Another technique (which I'd suggest for your three cases) I learnt by compensating for pencils and pens that "disappear". I one day decided to just buy an overload of these, so they are never gone. It's a wonderful and very cheap way of feeling like living in a land of plenty. Because of course the ones get lost aren't that, they come back one day, an endless fountain...
All the more so if you "life" depends on it, like your three examples 😜.

OK, with the sabres I'd also do some reframing: most kids nowadays are so used to always having and getting much more than they need. I would take this having displaced them as a healthy fasting period - as long as it doesn't last too long and they are too grown up by the time you find them again. In this case I wait for about 1-2 months and then comes the next technique....

If I'm starting to get a bit edgy about something not turning up again (e.g. fearing it's in the trash and I'd need to get it new, which might take some time) I decide it's generally time for tidying up, sorting out & throwing away.

The other techniques: 3) retracing my actions from the last time I'd seen it and 4) Looking thru absolutely everything, millimeter for millimeter... (starting where I lost it and focusing on that first)

Early in my adult life I realized that when I cannot find something of importance it is very stressful for me. I became a very organized person because of that. I know that not everyone is or even can be well organized, because for some people it just doesn't "take", so it is important not to feel you lack anything if you cannot get organized in your home. But, a few tips might still be helpful.

1. If it is something important, and there's only one, it has to have its own special place where it always lives. It doesn't matter where that is, just has to be the place where you know it is there. So where should that be? Play a little game with yourself, and imagine that you suddenly need that object extremely badly and you have to start looking for it. In this little imagination, where is the first place you look? that is where you should keep it. It doesn't have to make sense. If that means you keep your passport in the kitchen drawer with the towels, fine, keep it there.
2. If it is a multiple something, have them all over, like JayCs's pens and pencils.
3. If you have looked for something and not found it (Jay's tips on seeking are great) then stop thinking about it. sometimes where you used it last will surface in your mind and it will be there.
4. Write down where you decided to put things in a notebook you keep in only one place and never move from there. You can look at it to find out where you decided to put things, but not take it out of the drawer or wherever you have it - the rule is it has to stay there so it can't get lost. This is especially useful if you decide to change where you are keeping something (although unless it is necessary, I don't really advice changing)

STOP PRESS:

2 Star Wars Light Sabres now found & ticked off 'Lost List'.
I'd forgotten they were 'telescopic' & discovered them at the bottom of the dress-up bag.

Alas, no sign of the other 2 things as yet
and today I've had to add my eye shadow brush to the ever-lengthening list.

I am finding this is an issue for me as well. I CAN NOT find a bra that is supportive enough yet no underwire or digging in everywhere.
I also LOVE MY jammies.... I am a miserable BBBBBBBB If I am uncomfortable or HANGRY. Both seem to be an issue hahaha. I would love to find a bra is as comfy as me not wearing one! I know too much to ask right??? I also found the underwear seams always bother me. I went with Woman's boxer briefs are soft and I love them!!!

There are some great bras without those awful wires. Pretty sure Bali has some good ones. As for underwear there's breathable from fruit of the loom that are comfy. Also if you get alot of hot flashes look for moisture wicking clothes and pjs.

I feel like I have a lot of bras and not a real good one I would buy again. I'll check out that name brand. Thanks!

Your compassionate posts here on the forum show me some great strong points, Rainbow. Don't let yourself fall into negative self talk - you are so much more valuable than that! You're a warrior for dealing with everything you do, and you don't need to be perfect, or even close to perfect, to still qualify as kicking ass ;)
This is what the world needs. Thank you for keeping it positive and thoughtful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back