Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
Does anyone experience cold knees, sometimes it feels so cold that it's almost sorta painful. This is another one of those weird unexplained one that my family doctors just typically brush off. And plus it's not life threaten you just sorta ignore it after a while and live with it. I am just curious if anyone else has it though as I am wondering if it's tied to CFS, Fibromyalgia or Adrenal fatigue.

Nope. But cold knees are something much more alarming that fibromyalgia. I don't want to scare you, but you should go to a doctor.

I do not think it's a good idea to be scaring each other with statements like this. Cold knees can come from a number of issues, but the statement about it being "more alarming"
than fibro.. that's just not true. Maybe I should keep quiet, but I think we need to support each other here.

I totally agree, Mariposa. I have read other Takedon posts before, the guy doesn't seem to know what he is talking about at all (no offense, just being quite honest here). He just seems to post things randomly alarming people, that's really upsetting, because I know for sure I'd not like to hear something like that. This forum is for support not to scare people, some people can take that kind of comments very wrong!

I agree with mariposa, no need to add statements that are simply untrue. We are a supportive community and do not alarm or scare members with statements that bring no good news.

Jadedoo, I sometimes have cold knees and legs, mostly in the colder months of the year. I solved the problem by wearing cotton long underwear pants, under by regular clothes. If your chest gets chilled as well then wear a cotton tee shirt or the thermal shirt that usually matches the long underwear.
Welcome to the forum. I hope this helps. :)

Nope. But cold knees are something much more alarming that fibromyalgia. I don't want to scare you, but you should go to a doctor.

I have gone to the doctor, and it has been largely brushed off. Why you say it's more serious though?

Please do not listen to Takedon's post. I have deleted this message as our forum does not support scaring members for no reason.

Are your knees the only joint experiencing the cold sensation?

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon (reduced blood flow to the hand/feet caused by cold and stress) and my knees are often a part of what hurts. The only way I can explain the pain is, that it is exactly like the pain you feel when you're hands or toes have been exposed to the elements too long and they're warming up. The tell tell sign of this issue is your toes and fingers change to a beautiful purple. That, I'm sure you would have noticed though.

One site I came across, via Google, says that certain areas of your body feel like cold slabs of meat. Very accurate I think.

I do not think it's a good idea to be scaring each other with statements like this. Cold knees can come from a number of issues, but the statement about it being "more alarming"
than fibro.. that's just not true. Maybe I should keep quiet, but I think we need to support each other here.

My mistake. I'm sorry, but I wanted to tell OP to go to the doctor.

Then just tell her to visit her doctor if she is concerned. No reason to cause undue stress or fear, by adding comments to the end of your statements. Be careful in your future posts. 1sweed

Last edited by a moderator:
Are your knees the only joint experiencing the cold sensation?

My body is naturally cold like I tend to have cold hands and feet during the winter more than others. But my knee is the only places that experiences the cold sensation in a rather unusual way. And they are indeed cold when I put my hands on them, I fee like I am warming them up. Sometimes I even take off my jacket to use it as a blanket for my knee when I am out at say a restaurant.

Okay, I must tell you one thing that might not upset you that much : cold knees aren't among the symptoms of fibromyalgia. I experience coldness on my limbs from time to time as well.

I get a feeling like someone is pouring icy-hot on my leg. Is your cold knee sensation like that? My doctor scratches his head over that one. I also have a tender spot on that thigh that about sends me through the roof when a cat steps there!

I get a feeling like someone is pouring icy-hot on my leg. Is your cold knee sensation like that? My doctor scratches his head over that one. I also have a tender spot on that thigh that about sends me through the roof when a cat steps there!

It's more like just the icy part. Like how you have cold hand or feet, but I get them on knee as well. And when it's really cold, it hurts a little bit.

I experience cold knees from time to time, but they painful as well. They start shaking from the cold (but it's hot outside) and my vision goes darker and darker during the big pains.

There seems like a rather diverse symptom with the knees but no coherency. I don't have any shaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back